Orange surge , phase and charger

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
I have the Surge Factory. I love it, my first ebike and it’s a fantastic ride. Due to ill health (long story) I’d actually put it up for sale before the lockdown hit.

Keggie

Mar 12, 2019
Suffolk
I have the Surge Factory. I love it, my first ebike and it’s a fantastic ride. Due to ill health (long story) I’d actually put it up for sale before the lockdown hit.
Sorry to hear about your health fivetones
There are very few reviews about the orange emtb range they all seem to say the same ?thing that you have to be an experienced rider the get the best out of them or they are a boring ride did you find the same ?

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
I don’t find it boring at all. I can do everything I need to do and there’s a nice balance between being able to flick it about (relatively short stays, 27.5”) and it be able to be pointed downhill and it be super stable. I’m 176cm and tried a Levo medium which I found too cramped but the medium Surge has a longer reach than even the large Levo. As soon as I‘d ridden it it just felt like it fitted and I could ride how I liked.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Btw. The Surge and the Charger are effectively the same bike but with a different shock and shorter damper.

Keggie

Mar 12, 2019
Suffolk
Btw. The Surge and the Charger are effectively the same bike but with a different shock and shorter damper.
I’m interested in the Phase they are a fair bit of money for a alloy bike but I do like them if you where going to buy one again which model and spec would you get?

Morph

Jun 18, 2021
Manchester
I’ve bought Phase, Factory. Was built and sat in a shop during COVID. Last bikes were Five 650b and Stage 5, all ridden for 3 years each.
Love the Phase, it’s fast, nimble, & feels more planted in the air than the S5.
I’ve clocked up a few KOMs on it, and there are quite a few ebike riders around here (Holcombe, Rivi etc). On pedal power I think I had half dozen in 6yrs of riding! I’m 50, recovering from a broken back, ribs and punctured lung. I feel it when pushing hard, and Christ alive it’s heavy when lifting over gates or fences!!

McSuisse

Jul 5, 2021
Switzerland
I’ve bought Phase, Factory. Was built and sat in a shop during COVID. Last bikes were Five 650b and Stage 5, all ridden for 3 years each.
Love the Phase, it’s fast, nimble, & feels more planted in the air than the S5.
I’ve clocked up a few KOMs on it, and there are quite a few ebike riders around here (Holcombe, Rivi etc). On pedal power I think I had half dozen in 6yrs of riding! I’m 50, recovering from a broken back, ribs and punctured lung. I feel it when pushing hard, and Christ alive it’s heavy when lifting over gates or fences!!
Heavy but durable! I have the Surge Factory, great bike - bullet proof!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles