Orange Alpine 6 E Factory

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
They're just like an analog, UK made Orange, only uglier. IMO that is a pretty amazing achievement - Mmmmm, welds... ;)

On a serious note if you can stomach the asking price and the looks they seem to have got some good reviews, but you need to be certain that single pivot suspension is for you - it's not considered the most cutting edge, though it is cheap and easy to maintain compared to a Horst, DW or VPP setup. YMMV.

Last edited:

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
I've ridden one a couple of times. It was a good bike, I would like to ride one again now after experiencing a few other ebikes to see how it compares. but my memory of it says it rides well and doenst feel like a tank.

SiDobsFig

Apr 20, 2019
Ross-on-Wye
I have had one for a year now and love it. I tried a few at a demo day. Levo (as I had a Spcialized Enduro MTB and get on well on this) and just the feel of the Orange suited me. Keep demoing until you find what’s good for you. It is more catered to Up down up down riding than long days out due to battery life unless you can afford a spare. I have a friend who rides downhill races. He said it was the best Downhill e-bike he had ridden. Only 20mm difference on the crank length of the Orange 6 MTB and that really felt good for me when I tried it out. Have fun choosing if you haven’t already.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
That’s good to hear @SiDobsFig, I’m comparing with the Levo. I liked the Levo a lot on my extended demo in the hills. Just waiting for the Orange now but on paper I think I might like it. Of course paper means very little and I want to get my hands on one!

SiDobsFig

Apr 20, 2019
Ross-on-Wye
That’s good to hear @SiDobsFig, I’m comparing with the Levo. I liked the Levo a lot on my extended demo in the hills. Just waiting for the Orange now but on paper I think I might like it. Of course paper means very little and I want to get my hands on one!
The only addition would be if bought again is I would go for a Sram/Shimano Manuel drivetrain as I have had a few times when I have got so low on the battery in winter that I was stuck in one gear with the Di2 system . Living 450ft up a steep hill the walk made sure I would never do it again.

Reactions: Bis

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
The only addition would be if bought again is I would go for a Sram/Shimano Manuel drivetrain as I have had a few times when I have got so low on the battery in winter that I was stuck in one gear with the Di2 system . Living 450ft up a steep hill the walk made sure I would never do it again.

I guess that spare main battery would be very useful to have in the pack then.

I think the system can now be configured to ring fence Di2 capacity now.

Is Di2 otherwise good?

Hopefully Orange will adopt the recently announced slimline Shimano integrated battery to give the down tube a nip & tuck the bike so richly deserves.

I’m really hoping that too.

SiDobsFig

Apr 20, 2019
Ross-on-Wye
I guess that spare main battery would be very useful to have in the pack then.

I think the system can now be configured to ring fence Di2 capacity now.

Is Di2 otherwise good?

I’m really hoping that too.
I have Specialized Enduro and Whyte 901 that both use SRAM so can’t really compare like for like systems (eg Manuel a Shimano v Electric Shimano) but yeah the Di2 works well. Cleaning and checking the mech hanger is aligned is so much easier as you just unplug the mech and remove. Makes cleaning easier also. The app is good also as I had to change the lever up/down round to suit me being used to SRAM.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
I have Specialized Enduro and Whyte 901 that both use SRAM so can’t really compare like for like systems (eg Manuel a Shimano v Electric Shimano) but yeah the Di2 works well. Cleaning and checking the mech hanger is aligned is so much easier as you just unplug the mech and remove. Makes cleaning easier also. The app is good also as I had to change the lever up/down round to suit me being used to SRAM.

Must admit the techie in me loves the idea of electronic shifting.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Hopefully Orange will adopt the recently announced slimline Shimano integrated battery to give the down tube a nip & tuck the bike so richly deserves.

I should say, given the recent update of the analogue Alpine 6, I’d like to see an update to the 6E too. Hopefully the BT-E8035 battery can also be incorporated. Orange will have had sight if the new battery after all - they’re one of the few companies to use the 8020 battery.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles