Levo SL Gen 1 Opinions on Matt finish instead of gloss

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Hi everyone

so as Mention in my previous post I have ordered a sl carbon comp in gloss blue / grey colour ( always have had gloss bikes)

the shop has called me and offered me a ex demo EXPERT model for the same price

I am very tempted as the expert has better forks brakes and gx over nx

but it Matt green

i like to cover the bike in heletape does this work with Matt finish bikes ?

never had Matt finish

should I stick with the comp or go to the expert

many thanks

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Missed that !! Didn’t realise the wheels were carbon

yeah, they are only a little lighter than the alloys ones but they will make a noticeable difference to the ride. They come with a really good warranty too. I've got the expert in black. I would have liked the green, but I couldn't get hold of one.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I would say that the two initial things to consider replacing on the expert is the 180mm rear rotor and the fox 34 forks. The forks are adequate but now that you have a set of Lyrik ultimates... the fox will feel quite wooden.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Just changed my order so collect it on Tuesday can’t wait where is the best place for a invisframe kit

Cheers for all the help

It's a little more expensive than I remember.. LEVO SL CARBON 2020 This is the link for the carbon frame only. It is recommended that you use this cleaner for the frame before starting...Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover, 325m You will also need a spray bottle and small amount of baby shampoo like Johnson's to mix with water. instructions and layout come with the invisiframe kit. I'm pretty sure you can get tips on YouTube too.
be aware that you need to put aside about 4 hours on the first attempt. That's how long it took me?

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Thank you just managed to order one

I assume from a warranty point of view as it’s a exdemo bike I will get the same warranty as buying a new bike built from a box do you think ?

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
It's a little more expensive than I remember.. LEVO SL CARBON 2020 This is the link for the carbon frame only. It is recommended that you use this cleaner for the frame before starting...Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover, 325m You will also need a spray bottle and small amount of baby shampoo like Johnson's to mix with water. instructions and layout come with the invisiframe kit. I'm pretty sure you can get tips on YouTube too.
be aware that you need to put aside about 4 hours on the first attempt. That's how long it took me?
How much of the bike has to be striped down to fit the kits can you get away with just removing the wheels or does it need to strip further

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
How much of the bike has to be striped down to fit the kits can you get away with just removing the wheels or does it need to strip further

just take the wheels off first.
You then have to also remove the small Rubber guard that stops crap getting into the top of the motor(x2 hex bolts). Remove the plastic motor bash guard(3 or 4 hex bolts) and finally the plastic chain stay protector that stops the frame getting damaged by the chain (one screw/bolt) and then pull the plastic away from the frame. It snaps back on. Just 10 minutes all in and very easy.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles