Gloss or Matte Invisiframe on 2019 Exper in Monster Green/Black?

Casey

Oct 31, 2018
Seattle, WA USA
Hello all! I’ve got a 2019 Expert in Monster Green/Black coming in (hopefully) a few weeks. I’ve heard these Levo’s are especially prone to chips. Looking at getting the invisiframe but they have gloss or matte options. I haven’t seen the bike in person but it looks like it’s more of a matte paint finish. Does anyone have this color and have you fitted invisiframe? Gloss/Matte?
*Any other frame protection options or other suggestions would be welcome as well.Thanks!

Porkyford

Feb 21, 2019
Edinburgh
Hello all! I’ve got a 2019 Expert in Monster Green/Black coming in (hopefully) a few weeks. I’ve heard these Levo’s are especially prone to chips. Looking at getting the invisiframe but they have gloss or matte options. I haven’t seen the bike in person but it looks like it’s more of a matte paint finish. Does anyone have this color and have you fitted invisiframe? Gloss/Matte?
*Any other frame protection options or other suggestions would be welcome as well.Thanks!
I’m looking at shack wrap and doing gloss on the paintwork and matte on the carbon...

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK

I use rolls of Bike Tape from www.biketart.com

It is easy to apply and remove, works well and you only need to put it where you need to, so it's cheaper. You can put two layers on if you think you need extra protection. If a section gets damaged, then it is easy to remove and replace just that section.

I used bike tape on a glossy green bike and you could not tell the tape was there from more than a few feet away. But when I tried it on a black satin finish bike, it did not look good at all! It looked as though there was condensation underneath the tape and I stripped it off. Good job I hadn't put a lot on before I spotted that! I contented myself with tape in cable rub areas alone. I have just done a glossy blue bike and that looks good too. I've done glossy red bikes too without problem. So I'm not sure whether it was the satin finish or the colour black that was the problem before.

I have a two page guide to applying bike tape that you can have for free, just let me have your email address by private message and I'll email it to you. It was produced by me after I'd done a few bikes and it has been added to after feedback from others to whom I had sent a copy.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I have the Monster Green Levo, the Green is all in Matt.
However I have used the Bike Tart heli tape on all bikes, it is a gloss finish but looks fine on my bike.
I'll attach pics if you wish (y)

RickS

Sep 30, 2018
Wrexham
Invisiframe matte..looks good, fits well

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Invisiframe matte on mine. 5 months on and it's still perfect.

1743893950.jpeg
1875002153.jpeg

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Sorry for the delay in posting but been riding.
Bike hasn't been cleaned but you get the idea.
From a distance you can't see the tape at all, but I've put some close ups on as well, so you can see the difference in sheen.
Not as good as invisiframe I know but cost £8 a roll ?

20190225_145810.jpg

20190225_145840.jpg

20190225_145832.jpg

20190225_145820.jpg

Casey

Oct 31, 2018
Seattle, WA USA
Sorry for the delay in posting but been riding.
Bike hasn't been cleaned but you get the idea.
From a distance you can't see the tape at all, but I've put some close ups on as well, so you can see the difference in sheen.
Not as good as invisiframe I know but cost £8 a roll ?

View attachment 11295

View attachment 11296

View attachment 11297

View attachment 11298

Thanks @Paul Mac! Yah you can tell the difference but it still looks great. It's hard for anything to look bad on that bike :). And when you flying by everyone who's gonna notice!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles