On bike tool storage on 2019/2020 Levo

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
Looking for on bike storage options for a tube, couple of tyre levers, C02 canister and pump head

On my 2018 Kenevo they were wrapped together and strapped to the frame between the top tube and down tube

Now this is not really possible on the 2019/2020 Levo plus as my frame is carbon i don't want to really strap anything to the frame as to minimize any frame rub

Been looking at the Specialized mountain bandit swat storage (bolts to under side of saddle) but it seems nowhere has them in stock (looks to be discontinued)

Dont want to go down the saddle bag route due to the dropper, rear wheel hitting it on drops and of course they are bulky/ugly looking

So what other solutions do people have?

Please don't say wear a bag/bum bag/stuff pockets etc... must be on bike storage only

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Looking for on bike storage options for a tube, couple of tyre levers, C02 canister and pump head

On my 2018 Kenevo they were wrapped together and strapped to the frame between the top tube and down tube

Now this is not really possible on the 2019/2020 Levo plus as my frame is carbon i don't want to really strap anything to the frame as to minimize any frame rub

Been looking at the Specialized mountain bandit swat storage (bolts to under side of saddle) but it seems nowhere has them in stock (looks to be discontinued)

Dont want to go down the saddle bag route due to the dropper, rear wheel hitting it on drops and of course they are bulky/ugly looking

So what other solutions do people have?

Please don't say wear a bag/bum bag/stuff pockets etc... must be on bike storage only
I posted this elsewhere...I have a storage container that fits in the cage. Everything but the tube fits although you may be able to get a lightweight one in there as well.
IMG_2514.JPG
IMG_2515.JPG

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
That's why I think the 2020 Kenevo should have a second set of cage lugs higher up the frame, it's one of the few EMTB's with space for two. Then you can have your water bottle and your St-Bernard brandy keg for all your crap.

jdizzle

Aug 15, 2019
leicestershire uk
I’ve got a SWAT tool in the steerer (version with chain tool and link storage) and then a Dakine “hot lap” pouch strapped around the frame (with some heli tape to protect the pain finish).

It has easily swallowed;

Spare tube
Patch kit
Tyre boot
Mech hanger
Tyre lever
Rolled up piece of duck tape
Spare valve
Spare set of brake pads
3 long cable ties
2 cO2 cartridges + head
On longer rides there is plenty of room to fit a clif bar in too.

It sits nicely above the water bottle and is absolutely rock solid and doesn’t move around at all. I’m over the moon with the set up, it leaves room for a water bottle and I know I have everything I need on the bike and there is no need to carry a bag! I’d highly recommend it!

EC0E0648-533F-4C54-96BA-5FF8CA2433B4.jpeg

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
Cheers for the replies

Dont want tool bottle storage due to only having one set of cage mounts (i run tool bottles on my road bikes which have two sets of of cage mounts so can still take a drink with me)

As said im not looking to strap anything to the frame, i know my luck, it will rub and cause paint/carbon damage

Already have the steerer tube swat tool, i just need to be able to carry a tube, CO2, and some tyre levers

The Specialized Bandit is what i really need and looks to be the perfect solution for me, will try and search some more and find one

jdizzle

Aug 15, 2019
leicestershire uk
Cheers for the replies

Dont want tool bottle storage due to only having one set of cage mounts (i run tool bottles on my road bikes which have two sets of of cage mounts so can still take a drink with me)

As said im not looking to strap anything to the frame, i know my luck, it will rub and cause paint/carbon damage

Already have the steerer tube swat tool, i just need to be able to carry a tube, CO2, and some tyre levers

The Specialized Bandit is what i really need and looks to be the perfect solution for me, will try and search some more and find one

Fair enough! Although if you don't manage to find what you're after a simple bit of heli tape where you intend to position the straps of a regular bag does the job nicely!

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
Yes that's what i done on my Kenevo and the strap moved and got dirt under it so it still managed to dull the matte paint

Have found a Specialized Bandit in a remote warehouse, looks to be the last one they have in stock so result!

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
Yes that's what i done on my Kenevo and the strap moved and got dirt under it so it still managed to dull the matte paint

Have found a Specialized Bandit in a remote warehouse, looks to be the last one they have in stock so result!
Watch out with the Bandit as the elastic straps that are supposed to hold the tube ..... don't! I have a piece of two sided velcro I run through the tube and around the outside of the Bandit to keep the tube in place

Sean Potts

Sep 8, 2019
Chamonix Mt Blanc , France
Like on my old 2016 model I am storing a spare tube, levers, bungs etc in between the top of the battery & the headstock . It is all in a nylon pouch with drawstring & has a string that runs down towards the bottom bracket so that I can pull it out if it gets wedged. I have a carbon frame too but all seems ok so far, you can see what is going on by removing the control unit on the top tube.

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
@Sean Potts That's how i stored stuff on my 2017 Levo and on the Kenevo for a while till some issues arose (handlebar remote cable runs through there and was getting damaged causing motor to cut out) Now have a 2020 Levo so not possible to store above the battery

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles