On bike storage? water bottle area?

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California
I'd like to take the tools out of my bag and put them on the bike...the water bottle cage area seems like a logical spot. Does anyone have any good ideas about where is best to store tools/tubes on the bike?

in the water bottle cage not screwed in is not secure enough for y needs.

other than just a strap to the frame.

Sonnyjim

Subscriber
Apr 5, 2022
UK
I use one of these on 2 bikes

Bolts to the cage bosses, the large strap holds a 29 er tube, large multi tool and a pump. The other provided straps have been useless tbh……..but for 11 quid?

Not lost anything from it yet, seems secure and well made.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Another shout for a small frame bag. I use an Evoc one

Don’t like rucksacks or hip-packs. Tried the Velcro enduro straps but not keen and won’t hold much

Settled on a frame bag. Looks a bit crap but holds everything I need in case of emergency repairs, plus space for cereal bars & Haribos!

This one (reduced!)

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
Similar problem, I have a battery extender taking up the bottle cage. If I put a drink in my rucksack I hardly use it, so I am using a fidlock strap on system.

742BB00A-1D3D-4102-8E37-F1F446067E7A.png

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Does anyone have any good ideas about where is best to store tools/tubes on the bike?

You NEED to look into the OneUp EDC lineup. The first part of the system is a holder that fits inside your steerer tube. It holds a multitool, tire lever, quick link, and something else small, such as a single tire plug. The second part of the system is the pump, which fits alongside your water bottle, like any other pump. But the pump is hollow, so you can fit even more stuff. In mine, I put a CO2 cartridge, a battery for my shifter, and a plug kit.

There are other manufacturers who make similar products that fit inside your bars or your crank, but I think the OneUp EDC offers the most capability. The only picture I have is what's inside my pump. You can google it to see everything OneUp offers.

IMG_6518.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles