Older rider new outlook from Angus

audistwo

Jan 3, 2023
Angus
Well, finally got the new bike. I did post up in 'Lets see your Cubes' last week.
Thought I'd follow this thread up also.

In the end, I decided to go for the Cube reaction hybrid race 750.
Picking it up last Wednesday morning.
whilst getting the run down from the bike shop, my office were trying their best to annoy me, sorry, get hold of myself.

Cycled all of 10 minutes home and had to do some work stuff.

Was released at 15:10 and went out to enemy new toy!

Very impressive, will take a bit of getting used to the bigger aspects of the bike. First time on 29 wheels and the handlebars are a bit wider than I'm familiar with.

I've found in the 2 rides I've had, I've just stuck it in Turbo mode for the duration.
Will no doubt find the correct settings for trails and riding style.

The only two downsides were firstly, the second time I went out on the bike I noticed the computer mount was parted. Odd as there was nothing for it to come in contact with.
Secondly was the left pedal came off whilst I was crossing over a busy road 😳🤣
It had just backed off, not sure why. But the result was damaged threads. Was able to get the pedal back on to get back home.

Quick message to the bike shop, will get the mount ordered up, just need to book in and get the crank/pedal sorted at the same time. Happy with the service from them 😎

Wasn't impressed with the hail that I encountered on Thursday last week 🤣
Crotch was a tad cold and soaked through 🥶

Away with work just now, so no further outings for a week or so.

Looking forward to getting out and trying different trails. Seeing what the bike is capable of 👍😎

20230308_155755.jpg 20230309_140934.jpg 20230309_143627.jpg

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Well, finally got the new bike. I did post up in 'Lets see your Cubes' last week.
Thought I'd follow this thread up also.

In the end, I decided to go for the Cube reaction hybrid race 750.
Picking it up last Wednesday morning.
whilst getting the run down from the bike shop, my office were trying their best to annoy me, sorry, get hold of myself.

Cycled all of 10 minutes home and had to do some work stuff.

Was released at 15:10 and went out to enemy new toy!

Very impressive, will take a bit of getting used to the bigger aspects of the bike. First time on 29 wheels and the handlebars are a bit wider than I'm familiar with.

I've found in the 2 rides I've had, I've just stuck it in Turbo mode for the duration.
Will no doubt find the correct settings for trails and riding style.

The only two downsides were firstly, the second time I went out on the bike I noticed the computer mount was parted. Odd as there was nothing for it to come in contact with.
Secondly was the left pedal came off whilst I was crossing over a busy road 😳🤣
It had just backed off, not sure why. But the result was damaged threads. Was able to get the pedal back on to get back home.

Quick message to the bike shop, will get the mount ordered up, just need to book in and get the crank/pedal sorted at the same time. Happy with the service from them 😎

Wasn't impressed with the hail that I encountered on Thursday last week 🤣
Crotch was a tad cold and soaked through 🥶

Away with work just now, so no further outings for a week or so.

Looking forward to getting out and trying different trails. Seeing what the bike is capable of 👍😎

View attachment 108940 View attachment 108941 View attachment 108942
😊🥶

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles