• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Ohlins TTX 22M Coil - DIY service

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
Hi all,
I'm thinking about getting an Ohlins coil shock for my Decoy. As I do all the maintenance of my bikes myself I was looking for a service manual for the TTX22M. I have found a manual for TTX25, but I guess pressures and such are different. I also have a hard time finding service kits (seals etc.). Seems like Ohlins does not want you to do your own servicing. I can understand that for general users, but I am willing to buy the require equipment to do it properly.

Ohlins actually advices to do a service every 50hours. That means I have to basically sent my shock at least 3-4 times a year to TFtuned-like companies for 120 pounds each time.....that is more than 1/3 of the price of the shock per year.

Any advice?

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
found answer via TFtuned. Service interval of 50hours is extremely short. Once a year (every 200h) would be more than enough. Longer intervals would also be possible with this shock

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles