Official Merida eOne-Sixty thread

Steve38

Sep 10, 2020
Adelaide, Australia
Have you had a chance to ride it yet? If so, how did it go and how was the rattle noise through an aluminium frame? Mine's not due till Feb, so I'm pretty keen to see how it goes compared to all the reviews on the carbon models
I know, I ordered it as soon as it was released on the 1st September. Hopefully I'll get an early surprise
I too am interested in the Aluminium Frame acoustics re EP8 rattle

What size is yours and are you in Aus ?

gillyske

Dec 3, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
Does your hub stop making noise when freewheeling? My girlfriends bike goes from loud to quiet and back again when coasting...
Yep, the slx rear hub would randomly stop making noise when coasting DH at speed. but not when crusing along at gentle pace.
Engagement was always there tho, so i aint worried about it.
Either way I have another wheelset coming to replace this one so i aint fussed about it.

aquainversion

Aug 19, 2020
Exmouth
I too am interested in the Aluminium Frame acoustics re EP8 rattle

What size is yours and are you in Aus ?
I've ordered the large, here in Australia. Apparently I just missed out on the first batch coming in but a mate has ordered a small and was told mid December for him. Hopefully we'll see what his is like soon

Salce77

Aug 21, 2020
Australia
I've ordered the large, here in Australia. Apparently I just missed out on the first batch coming in but a mate has ordered a small and was told mid December for him. Hopefully we'll see what his is like soon
So what's the eta on yours now? I was told last week that they had been unloading and shipping them off to shops. I'm in Melbourne.

Last edited:

smashmonkey

Aug 31, 2020
Australia
Have you had a chance to ride it yet? If so, how did it go and how was the rattle noise through an aluminium frame? Mine's not due till Feb, so I'm pretty keen to see how it goes compared to all the reviews on the carbon models
Took it out yesterday and I have to say I didn’t notice the rattle noises, though I did notice the whining when pedaling even though it was pretty quiet. Pretty happy with the noise level overall.

Took it out yesterday and I have to say I didn’t notice the rattle noises, though I did notice the whining when pedaling even though it was pretty quiet. Pretty happy with the noise level overall.
The motor rattles a bit when coasting on uneven surfaces, but not as pronunced as the Bosch CX motor (at least not in my experience). Some motors are quiet when they're new and only develops a rattle after a while when worn in a bit.

Last edited:

gillyske

Dec 3, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
Looking to get people experiences with running coil on the Merida E8000.
What shock?
Are you running a higher spring than you expected?
Are you bottoming out a lot?
Does it run better than air?

Salce77

Aug 21, 2020
Australia
I know, I ordered it as soon as it was released on the 1st September. Hopefully I'll get an early surprise
Picked mine up today. Had to go to another shop altogether as I was getting nowhere with my local shop. Was told twice it had been sent, then when I questioned it for the third time it was still sitting in the Melbourne warehouse. Made a few calls and had one sort within hours.

aquainversion

Aug 19, 2020
Exmouth
Picked mine up today. Had to go to another shop altogether as I was getting nowhere with my local shop. Was told twice it had been sent, then when I questioned it for the third time it was still sitting in the Melbourne warehouse. Made a few calls and had one sort within hours.
Perfect Christmas present! Hope you love it

Willemvanc

Dec 25, 2020
Belgium
Hi, i Just got my eone sixty 9000 2020 model yesterday and I’m having Trouble getting it started. It only starts after i push the button on the battery through the hole in the frame covered by the rubber cap. The on-button only flashes shortly after i press it but no startup. Any tips on what I’m doping wrong?

NZSpokes

Sep 29, 2020
Auckland, New Zealand
Hi, i Just got my eone sixty 9000 2020 model yesterday and I’m having Trouble getting it started. It only starts after i push the button on the battery through the hole in the frame covered by the rubber cap. The on-button only flashes shortly after i press it but no startup. Any tips on what I’m doping wrong?

That means the battery in the display is flat. So turn it on though the hole in the frame then go for a good long ride. That will charge the little battery and all will be good. My old 5000 did that first time.

NZSpokes

Sep 29, 2020
Auckland, New Zealand
A little ride in the bush.

132199992_10221634654028854_2673866118647014902_n.jpg

Willemvanc

Dec 25, 2020
Belgium
That means the battery in the display is flat. So turn it on though the hole in the frame then go for a good long ride. That will charge the little battery and all will be good. My old 5000 did that first time.
Thanks a lot man :) glad to Heat it’s normal. Going on a ride right now!

sparked

Jun 6, 2020
Melbourne
Aussies in Vic

yarra valley cycles in Lilydale had a Medium E160 500 on the floor built and ready to go yesterday if anyone is chasing one.

ring before you go as they had bikes selling all over the place whilst I was there.

Willemvanc

Dec 25, 2020
Belgium
Hi, maybe a Dion question, but is the shimano bt8036 battery compatible with the 2020 merida eone sixty or is is only the bt8035 which will work?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles