Official Merida eOne-Sixty thread

miercoleando

Sep 30, 2019
SP
The stock rims are pretty weak, so I'm not surprised.

The H1700 is amazing. I've cased it plenty of times and it is true as the day I bought it. The ratchet hub works really nicely with an electric motor, it makes the pickup of drive power less clunky than the original shimano pawl hub.

Thanks a lot ! I bought an H1900 30 mm.

Sofibacsi

Dec 4, 2020
Romania, Odorheiu-Secuiesc
How are you finding the sr suntour triair rear shock? I have an eone sixty 800 with the super deluxe but the rebound damping is just too much, i have the rebound all the way open and the shock still feels slow to me, so was thinking of swapping to a triair as i have read good reviews on it. Was also considering a coil marzocchi or fox but not sure about that.

shklein

Jan 29, 2019
Israel
Hi,

I want to order Chris King's headset bearings for my eone sixty 2019.
I started their fit-finder process on their site and I've reached the question about the "baseplate". The question is whether its integrated or not.
Can anyone help ?

Thanks
SK.

crissking.JPG

Matt_Rider

Jul 13, 2020
Melbourne Australia
My girlfriend's 8000 arrived at 99 bikes today. Went and checked it out. Effing awesome! Did the drop test to see how loud the knock is from the motor and its barely even noticeable.

Salce77

Aug 21, 2020
Australia
My girlfriend's 8000 arrived at 99 bikes today. Went and checked it out. Effing awesome! Did the drop test to see how loud the knock is from the motor and its barely even noticeable.
That's awesome news. I'm still waiting for my 700 to come in. The waiting is killing me.

Steve38

Sep 10, 2020
Adelaide, Australia
Just checked with my store and my e160 700 is now due mid January !

Merida rep is saying sizes M & L were the first to be prioritised for shipping and size S (which is my size) shipped later hence the delay

No much I can do, but "not happy Jan" !

Matt_Rider

Jul 13, 2020
Melbourne Australia
Just checked with my store and my e160 700 is now due mid January !

Merida rep is saying sizes M & L were the first to be prioritised for shipping and size S (which is my size) shipped later hence the delay

No much I can do, but "not happy Jan" !
My girlfriend's small 8000 arrived this week. My XL is on a truck to the shop now too.

Steve38

Sep 10, 2020
Adelaide, Australia
My girlfriend's small 8000 arrived this week. My XL is on a truck to the shop now too.

Yours are Carbon, mines Aluminium, maybe that made a difference who knows

I don't think I'm getting fed furphys, the shop's reputable and I'm dealing with the owner, just unlucky

Not much I can really do - it's currently on a ship due into Melbourne second week of January

Waiting, waiting, waiting ....

Salce77

Aug 21, 2020
Australia
Have you had a chance to ride it yet? If so, how did it go and how was the rattle noise through an aluminium frame? Mine's not due till Feb, so I'm pretty keen to see how it goes compared to all the reviews on the carbon models
Wow not till Feb!!! Mine better not take that long.

gillyske

Dec 3, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
Got my 8000 yesterday. Took it for a ride on the trail today. First ebike I've owned and wow, uphill flow is real.
The dpx2 shock nearly bucked me, gotta get that dialed in a bit more but the bomber z1 is a choice fork, I feel I could get more out of it but its nice. Its almost as different going down as it is going up tbh. You do have to be a bit more deliberate in your cornering, its not as forgiving in direction changes during a turn as a mtb. On the straights it plows and is for some reason very easy to place into a line. The thing loves to get into the air, its very easy to pop off rocks and jumps.

Once I change the wheels and get it tubeless I'll dial in the shock properly and I suspect ill have the quiver killer I've been wanting since I started. Xc on the ups, dh on the downs.

1 more thing. When i was bombing down a fire road in the smallest cog I noticed that something of a kind of engine braking occurs? I think it happened above 50km/h, I noticed the pedaling get very heavy (I'd already past the assist cut off) and the bike started to apply some sort of drag, even when I stopped pedaling. It was alarming, like maybe I was going to damage the motor or something. Is anyone able to shed some light on this?

Last edited:

NZSpokes

Sep 29, 2020
Auckland, New Zealand
Got my 8000 yesterday. Took it for a ride on the trail today. First ebike I've owned and wow, uphill flow is real.
The dpx2 shock nearly bucked me, gotta get that dialed in a bit more but the bomber z1 is a choice fork, I feel I could get more out of it but its nice. Its almost as different going down as it is going up tbh. You do have to be a bit more deliberate in your cornering, its not as forgiving in direction changes during a turn as a mtb. On the straights it plows and is for some reason very easy to place into a line. The thing loves to get into the air, its very easy to pop off rocks and jumps.

Once I change the wheels and get it tubeless I'll dial in the shock properly and I suspect ill have the quiver killer I've been wanting since I started. Xc on the ups, dh on the downs.

1 more thing. When i was bombing down a fire road in the smallest cog I noticed that something of a kind of engine braking occurs? I think it happened above 50km/h, I noticed the pedaling get very heavy (I'd already past the assist cut off) and the bike started to apply some sort of drag, even when I stopped pedaling. It was alarming, like maybe I was going to damage the motor or something. Is anyone able to shed some light on this?

Ive had no issues going downhill at speed.

Matt_Rider

Jul 13, 2020
Melbourne Australia

Does your hub stop making noise when freewheeling? My girlfriends bike goes from loud to quiet and back again when coasting...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles