Mission Control Official List of Supported Heart Rate Monitors

Damin

May 17, 2023
USA
TL:DR; What are the most reliable and officially supported heart rate monitors that work with the Mastermind controller?

Hello,
Is there an OFFICIAL list of supported heart rate monitors? Kind of aggravated that I can't find this information easily and even more ticked off that my Fitbit Sense watch isn't integrated / supported with Mastermind. I've resolved that I am going to have to buy eiither a chest strap or an armband heart rate monitor, but this is just going to create more "device" and "app" sprawl. Currently, I use my Fitbit to track my GPS and Heart Rate for rides. I have this uploading data to Strava, but the heart rate information does not come through and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to make it work properly.

My real goal here is to get Mastermind to monitor heart rate and adjust assistance levels accordingly, so I can maximize fat-burn while riding. It looks like the only way I'll get this to work is to now add a second device (heart rate strap or armband) and link it to the bike. I'm going to start looking like a Borg when I ride; Fitbit watch, Contour camera and now a hear rate monitor.

Please, Specialized.. just make the Mastermind work with Fitbit?????

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
My Garmin Epix2 worked just fine

The fault falls on Fitbit and Apple for not making their devices Ant+ compatible. I didn't buy a Fitbit because it not being Ant+

Edit: From Specialized documentation -- Wireless Connectivity
"

GENERAL NOTES ON ANT+ CONNECTIVITY​

All Turbo motors feature sensors for Speed, Rider Power, and Cadence. The sensor data can be received via the ANT+ modules of the bike. Basically, all ANT+ devices can connect to these sensors. Additionally, many bicycle-specific GPS devices feature e-bike specific protocols, often called LEV protocol (Light Electric Vehicle) to simplify sensor connection and to show specific display screens for e-bike data.

"

Last edited:

Damin

May 17, 2023
USA

The fault falls on Fitbit and Apple for not making their devices Ant+ compatible. I didn't buy a Fitbit because it not being Ant+

"

All Turbo motors feature sensors for Speed, Rider Power, and Cadence. The sensor data can be received via the ANT+ modules of the bike. Basically, all ANT+ devices can connect to these sensors. Additionally, many bicycle-specific GPS devices feature e-bike specific protocols, often called LEV protocol (Light Electric Vehicle) to simplify sensor connection and to show specific display screens for e-bike data.

"
I broke down and bought a Garmin HRM Pro-Plus chest strap monitor to integrate w/ the Levo for the HR based assistance tuning. That should allow me to integrate heart rate data w/ Strava as well.

I guess I'm just going to have to stop trying to fight assimilation and will become full borg by the end of the season! I've added a cube to the bike to speed the process ;)

1685096805988.png

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland

"

"
Does ANT+ allow multiple connections to the same device?
I have a Garmin HRM band that I connect to my Garmin Edge 840. Just wondered if it can connect to my Mastermind at the same time... or if it would then disconnect from the Garmin?

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
Does ANT+ allow multiple connections to the same device?
I have a Garmin HRM band that I connect to my Garmin Edge 840. Just wondered if it can connect to my Mastermind at the same time... or if it would then disconnect from the Garmin?
Yup, there is no problem with that I have it connected to my Garmin 530 and Mastermind. I still like to track my rides on the 530.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Yup, there is no problem with that I have it connected to my Garmin 530 and Mastermind. I still like to track my rides on the 530.
I track my rides on Garmin, and also have my Apple Watch tracking. The watch is only so I can achieve my monthly fitness achievement... and I never look at the data it produces!
I have no real interest in the Mastermind tracking my data either... but it would be interesting to try setting a route and have it try and not exceed a specific heart rate.

Damin

May 17, 2023
USA
I track my rides on Garmin, and also have my Apple Watch tracking. The watch is only so I can achieve my monthly fitness achievement... and I never look at the data it produces!
I have no real interest in the Mastermind tracking my data either... but it would be interesting to try setting a route and have it try and not exceed a specific heart rate.
This is the entire reason that I bought the Garmin... I track GPS / Heart Rate in the FitBit app because I use -EVERY- feature of the Fitbit.. and I mean every feature... Food Logging, Sleep tracking, Exercise Tracking, Heart Monitoring, Weight and Measurements, Glucose tracking... my Dexcom CGM displays blood sugar readings in real time on my wrist. I have Strava importing my rides from Fitbit and it's effortless... except I can't get it to import the heart rate information. The Garmin will solve that as well as integrate w/ the MasterMind so I can do the HR based assistance and distance integration.

So I'm going to be heading out the trail running Strava, FitBit, Contour Camera etc... gear.. Hence the Borg Reference..

Side note, I've lost 125 lbs hacking my body and metabolism, and have completely managed my Type 2 Diabetes, so as much as people say "just go out and ride", I'm on a mission and that needs data regularly to adjust and improve.

Damin

May 17, 2023
USA
Hmmm.. did my first ride with the HRM PRO heart yesterday. Master Control easily found it and connected to it.. but I am noticing that it will not stay connected. On my evening ride with my wife, I got zero heart rate information.

It stays connected fine to the Garmin app but almost as soon as I connect in Master Control, it shows disconnected a few seconds later.

Has anyone experienced this?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles