Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

Nickolp1974

Jul 30, 2019
Louth lincs
A dude here is getting 100k on his bikes internal 320wh battery. Me at 205Lbs did 42k just on internal battery almost all turbo through the hills in Germany. With extender that would be 60k. Not sure I’d want to ride any farther but if I did I could just buy more extenders.... last week on a group ride I did 23km in Herrenberg using only 49 watt hours.
So I honestly don’t know why someone would want more!?! Unless you like the feel of a bike seat for more than 3 hours or If you don’t want to peddle just get a sur Ron or B52 bikes with 3000kwh.
The SLs rule because they’re still light and nimble. I’ve been using mine on a pump track and it’s a blast.

I'm at about the same weight and my rides are 60-65km currently on 1 504wh battery, 10km probably with the motor off. I'd like to do a bit more distance and not have the fear of running out. So without riding an SL and going by what I've read and watched that would mean the internal + extender would do the trick but it would be nice to have it all as an internal and free up the bottle cage, would be nice to not carry a pack sometimes especially In the warmer weather. All of course personal preference.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Not huge vertical but I was quite happy with it.
I rode mine almost bang on 50km at 40/50 - 1208m elevation, and still returned home with 18% battery.
My last few rides have been 35/45, and last night was 20/30 as I forgot to charge it and started with 36%!! Did almost 14 miles / 300m elevation, and still came home with 14%.

Need to try 35/100 and see what extra it offers over 35/45 as I really want to ditch the controller too. I think it might give me too much help though?
I have AXS on both sides, so I’d end up with a very clean bar!

Shame you can’t choose to have 4 settings, as ideally I’d like something like 20/30, 35/45, 60/70 and 100/100.

Ride in 35/45, but have the 2 higher ones for really tough uphill technical climbs if I can’t manage... and the lower one to conserve the battery if I’m eating too much of it!

MikeInThePeaks

May 3, 2020
Derbyshire
I rode mine almost bang on 50km at 40/50 - 1208m elevation, and still returned home with 18% battery.
My last few rides have been 35/45, and last night was 20/30 as I forgot to charge it and started with 36%!! Did almost 14 miles / 300m elevation, and still came home with 14%.

Need to try 35/100 and see what extra it offers over 35/45 as I really want to ditch the controller too. I think it might give me too much help though?
I have AXS on both sides, so I’d end up with a very clean bar!

Shame you can’t choose to have 4 settings, as ideally I’d like something like 20/30, 35/45, 60/70 and 100/100.

Ride in 35/45, but have the 2 higher ones for really tough uphill technical climbs if I can’t manage... and the lower one to conserve the battery if I’m eating too much of it!
God I agree with this. But as I’m greedy I’d like 5 settings.

I‘ve been using my battery as anti-bonk insurance. Did a 20 mile circuit up and down the Peak District today on a mix of tracks and roads. As per usual the 3 hour ride used 6% of the internal battery. I didn’t use much power but the assistance I did use was to select routes I wouldn’t have bothered with otherwise. Hence my interest on internal battery removal and running of RE only.

EA3268E9-CCE4-4C9C-9B6C-B1E019348241.jpeg

A92FADE2-AA8C-4B56-9505-5CE306FCD75B.jpeg

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
I'm at about the same weight and my rides are 60-65km currently on 1 504wh battery, 10km probably with the motor off. I'd like to do a bit more distance and not have the fear of running out. So without riding an SL and going by what I've read and watched that would mean the internal + extender would do the trick but it would be nice to have it all as an internal and free up the bottle cage, would be nice to not carry a pack sometimes especially In the warmer weather. All of course personal preference.
You have to know that most of us here are LEVO "veterans". We´ve all ridden the clumsy FF LEVO. In my case case i had 4 of them from the beginning, the 2020 model with the 700Wh battery was the worst to maneuver. We switched over to the SL because it´s that LIGHT and NIMBLE, it amost feels like a unmotorized trail bike simply because of its construction. We all don´t need more battery power (weight) and be sure you won´t either.

Nickolp1974

Jul 30, 2019
Louth lincs
You have to know that most of us here are LEVO "veterans". We´ve all ridden the clumsy FF LEVO. In my case case i had 4 of them from the beginning, the 2020 model with the 700Wh battery was the worst to maneuver. We switched over to the SL because it´s that LIGHT and NIMBLE, it amost feels like a unmotorized trail bike simply because of its construction. We all don´t need more battery power (weight) and be sure you won´t either.
I'm hoping not!
Back to my earlier question would you swap out the Guide R's for XT 4 piston?? No experience with any sram brakes but keep reading the Guide R's are a bit underpowered???

dasurpha

May 9, 2020
Helsinki
Got a mate testing my e120 900e at the weekend and if he has it i'll be grabbing one of these(comp carbon) he will want really good price, he won't worry too much on spec so would you swap brakes over XT 4 piston?? What about drivetrain, is that doable?? XT di2, would need di2 battery wouldn't I?? Always had shimano and it's what i'm used to. He won't mind if it pulls price down a bit. What would you do??
I swapped to XT brakes (8020) as I have always had them as well and it’s very easy to do. The drivetrain is doable but you need to replace also the XD driver. I don’t like the SRAM trigger (connected with mismatch 1.2) but otherwise the drivetrain is good enough.

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
I'm hoping not!
Back to my earlier question would you swap out the Guide R's for XT 4 piston?? No experience with any sram brakes but keep reading the Guide R's are a bit underpowered???
They are total crap .. had them on my stumpy expert and now the levo SL .. i changed to XTR 4pots .. stunning brakes . gone 203 front and rear and going 203 at the rear is lighter than the 200mm sram front rotor by 20g

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
For those riding the stock shock, what stroke length are you getting from it? I've been unsure about mine from purchase; whilst it's never bottomed out, I never seem to use the entire stroke. So, after letting all the air out, I confirmed that where my sag ring ends up each ride is indeed the fullest extent of the travel. Reinflated and in the work stand, this measures up to a stroke length of exactly 50mm! Is this just me, or have others experienced this with the stock shock? For info, size Medium frame.
I also ride around Dartmoor but although I use all the rear travel I’ve not noticed any bottoming out.
ill get the tape measure out if I remember this evening (y)

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
I also ride around Dartmoor but although I use all the rear travel I’ve not noticed any bottoming out.
ill get the tape measure out if I remember this evening (y)
Where abouts? I'm anywhere from Princeton down, and between Tavi and Ashburton.

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
This bad boy might be for sale:
-size Large
-lyrik ultimate with vorsprung smashpot
-cane creek db il coil(all valt spring from 500 to 650)
-xx1 rainbow casette
-xx1 rainbow chain
-x01 rd
-x01 shifter
-shimano 8120 xt brakes
-roval traverse carbon wheels
-renthal carbon bar
-renthal 40mm stem
-range extender
-invisiframe kit
-fast trak tires + butcher and purgatory

Rolled about 1000km,no faults.
Pm if interested. Located in Finland.

IMG_20200512_194404.jpg

Last edited:

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
This bad boy might be for sale:
-lyrik ultimate with vorsprung smashpot
-cane creek db il coil(all valt spring from 500 to 650)
-xx1 rainbow casette
-xx1 rainbow chain
-x01 rd
-x01 shifter
-shimano 8120 xt brakes
-roval traverse carbon wheels
-renthal carbon bar
-renthal 40mm stem
-range extender
-invisiframe kit
-fast trak tires + butcher and purgatory

Rolled about 1000km,no faults.
Pm if interested. Located in Finland.

View attachment 32287
Why you selling?

albertoy

Apr 29, 2020
Korea
hello everyone!
newbie from Korea. got SL expert about a month ago.... what a bike! full ebike friends are impressed with the range. did 55km (700m elev, 50/50 road/trail) on internal battery and had 7% left the other day (I weigh 84kg).

still getting used to the bike (stock) as I've only done 200km.

today while riding up a paved 30% gradient road on full turbo (100/100) in lowest gear, there were a few times the motor would cut off for a moment.... hadn't really happened off road (maybe once or twice) but happened maybe 4-5 times on paved road today. is this an issue with my pedaling strokes causing no torque and motor cutting off? I feel like it should have happened constantly if so as I felt my pedaling motion was pretty consistent.

anyone had similar issues or thoughts? thank you.

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
hello everyone!
newbie from Korea. got SL expert about a month ago.... what a bike! full ebike friends are impressed with the range. did 55km (700m elev, 50/50 road/trail) on internal battery and had 7% left the other day (I weigh 84kg).

today while riding up a paved 30% gradient road on full turbo (100/100) in lowest gear, there were a few times the motor would cut off for a moment.... hadn't really happened off road (maybe once or twice) but happened maybe 4-5 times on paved road today. is this an issue with my pedaling strokes causing no torque and motor cutting off? I feel like it should have happened constantly if so as I felt my pedaling motion was pretty consistent.

Yes, when there is no torq it cuts off.

Is this fixable with update in future?

Last edited:

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
hadn't really happened off road (maybe once or twice) but happened maybe 4-5 times on paved road today. is this an issue with my pedaling strokes
i get that occasionally , whats really strange is it happens when i lighten up pressure on the bar for a second with one hand, probably related to the torque momentarily changed on that side of the body

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
hello everyone!

This happens if I'm in Turbo and cycling slowly and just gently turning the pedals. Usual example is when I slow down to pass a walker, and I'm almost idling while they look surprised, complain that people always used to use bells, scoop up their dog, etc etc.

The way I see it, the motor kicks in then has to abruptly stop if it senses little torque or speed, otherwise it risks powering the drive-train when you don't need it (which would be a very bad thing to do). Basically, you shouldn't be in Turbo mode if you're not cycling in a way that makes good use of its power-curve.

On the other-hand, I've never had it happen when doing things like track stands (or rolling in to a stop), I guess because there's a clear torque reading form the cranks? My last-gen Bosch motor would occasionally go nuts and wheel spin if I was slowing, but with crank torque and brakes being applied.

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
What’s the diff over the bikes stock rear?
HSR ,LSR,HSC,LSC ,Climb Switch ..

jmulvaney

Jun 7, 2019
Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
So who’s gone from a FF levo to the SL and have no regrets. I’m in the market to get an eeb again, watched so many videos, read so many forums and I’m down to a levo, levo SL or a cube stereo is my choices available. I had a levo expert, we had a love hate relationship, which ended up more hate due to reliability issues.

i always wanted a more playful e bike, but the question is will I miss the power. I have a mega tower for uplift days and bike parks and full on enduro, so having a more trail bike myb better suited.

for those that bought, did you buy the range extender as well?

cheers.
Absolutely no regrets. Brilliant bike. No extender. Went with the Expert. Often I ride it without power.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles