Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Very similar in battery usage, solely going on the displays showing 50% (this could be out +/- ) but interesting none the less. Smaller motor uses less power so doesn’t need as large a battery?

thx, yeah that would be my hunch too.

likely the SL rider worked a bit harder. which is fine, some people like that.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Love the SL though....it feels great everywhere including the hills...just have to work a little harder than a Levo rider to get up to the top. Once there, the flats, over jumps, tight switchbacks uphill and down, berms, flow trails, anywhere else it brings smiles and don't miss a levo at all.

sounds my cup of tea - I want to ride not cruise.

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
1. Anyone know the difference in weigth on Comp ALU SL comparred to comp carbon sl??
Interessed in the difference on frameweigth alu vs carbon.
Size Large if it matters.

2. I've a comp carbon Levo today. Consider an Levo SL as additional bike instead of my Santa Cruz Hightower. Would the Comp alu sl (with upgrades of course....) just be a stupid change without enough savings on weigth??
Having difficult to see if the alu sl would be a good combination with my current Levo.

Any input @Rob Hancill ? :)
Following

Peter Hill

Dec 31, 2018
Derbyshire
thx, yeah that would be my hunch too.

likely the SL rider worked a bit harder. which is fine, some people like that.
I agree they keep going on about the range but I would guess if someone like Rob rode my Levo and I rode the SL I wouldn't get anywhere near as much distance due to my fitness levels, or lack of them. Many of the 'testers' in the videos are fit riders so it doesn't always compare well to what the majority of us out there would achieve. You wait until Georgia Leslie has a go, she will probably get another 30%+ battery range! and be able to get up the steep stuff quite easily.
Don't get me wrong it looks a great bike and would love to have a go on one, more to satisfy my curiosity and be able to directly compare it to my Levo. It's interesting that the weight of the alloy one including the battery extender, which you probably kind of need isn't that much less than the 2019 Levo S-Works, but it obviously handles differently listening to the reviewers. Just imagine how high Chris Smith and the like will be able to jump on this bad boy?

Bacalao

Oct 24, 2019
SoCal
Definitely will work harder on the SL compared to the normal levo to go the same distance. Got passed by a Levo rider today going up a hill... I was hauling ass but he went right by me....he could have been eating crackers on his way up.

Thanks that reminds me that I need to buy more Girl Scout cookies for my ride later today.

esku

May 12, 2019
Israel
My wife's M Levo Expert with some help are 19.5 kg'... :unsure:

VAMF7694.JPG

ohm13

Jun 10, 2018
Seattle
can you ride the SL without main battery, only with the charger? 15.5kg bike with charger, need only assist in the uphill ;-)
I 'm pretty sure you can. The dude from Spesh said you can remove main battery and bring 2 extender batteries on a plane and just run those when traveling so yeah, it would be pretty damn light at that point. The motor needs to be removed to get the battery out though which isn't impossible but not a quick process....

Topov

Also, while you’re stripping, is the TCU the same as the Levo or have they revised the design to make it more weather proof? They make much of the IP rating of the new motor would be an oversight if they didn’t get this right at the same time.
The question was asked, initially they said they were exactly the same , but then said they thought there was a newly designed one coming so we will have to wait and see, lets hope when it arrives we all get it free of charge

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
The question was asked, initially they said they were exactly the same , but then said they thought there was a newly designed one coming so we will have to wait and see, lets hope when it arrives we all get it free of charge

Not being a Specilalized owner but a potential one I hope they sort this out. There’s a lot of talk on here about it so it doesn’t seem rare.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
5CCA97D4-AB50-4692-992A-A849F735AFAD.jpeg

Here’s the Levo SL Expert I had today on my baggage scales! If you can’t read the display, it’s 17.70kg.
No pedals, with tubes, and also had some naff reflectors fitted!
My DMR Vault mg pedals are 366g, which would probably offset taking the tubes out!

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
View attachment 25670
Here’s the Levo SL Expert I had today on my baggage scales! If you can’t read the display, it’s 17.70kg.
No pedals, with tubes, and also had some naff reflectors fitted!
My DMR Vault mg pedals are 366g, which would probably offset taking the tubes out!

what frame size mate? us weight weenies wanna know.

my medium Levo CC is 21.7 set to ride, looking for that fabled 4kg saving!

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Where are you riding tomorrow?

Take care of it.... It's mine on sunday

Did 20miles at Pitfichie at 7.45 this morning, and then 7miles round Kirkhill in the afternoon - before I had to abort and go to work. The downside to being on call!!
I’ll write a mini review thread later on tonight when I get a few mins.

Blinkie

Jan 11, 2020
aberdeen
Did 20miles at Pitfichie at 7.45 this morning, and then 7miles round Kirkhill in the afternoon - before I had to abort and go to work. The downside to being on call!!
I’ll write a mini review thread later on tonight when I get a few mins.

Was at fikie at 0730! Our paths obviously never crossed

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Was at fikie at 0730! Our paths obviously never crossed

2 cars in the car park when I arrived... a white van and a silver Kia. When I left at about 10.30, the car park was totally full.
Actually quite a nice day - wind wasn’t too bad!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles