Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

RaDja

Apr 2, 2019
Belgium
Hey guys,
I have converted the SL during the weekend but a test drive has unfortunately not been successful yet. Stupid Belgian winters! :(
I have replaced some parts such as the handlebar, stem, XT brakes, Ashima brake discs, Fox dropper, XTR SPD pedals and the tubeless tires.
Now the SL is as I had in mind and I think it is very yummy.:giggle:
Cheers from Belgium.

IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2085.jpg

IMG_2086.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2093.jpg

Kpmnd85

Feb 13, 2020
Austin, TX
Where did you manage to find the hub? Apparantly they are out of stock at the moment in UK?
Order from LBS in US (Austin TX) on Monday late in day and it arrived on Thursday. I think the LBS could not find the part number I gave them and looked up the part from a recent conversion of a different Specialized bike with the same alloy Traverse + NX setup. I am checking with LBS on the part number they used. Worst case I return from flight Tuesday night and will send a picture of the label of the part # bag. BTW, cost was $77.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Hey guys,
I have converted the SL during the weekend but a test drive has unfortunately not been successful yet. Stupid Belgian winters! :(
I have replaced some parts such as the handlebar, stem, XT brakes, Ashima brake discs, Fox dropper, XTR SPD pedals and the tubeless tires.
Cheers from Belgium.

View attachment 26895

View attachment 26896

View attachment 26897

View attachment 26898

View attachment 26899

View attachment 26900

it is yummy. but I couldn't bear to take that golden chain and cassette out unto a British winter! it would be literally painful.

enjoy your honeymoon period with your new bike.

Fx1

Auto WARNING : Possible Duplicate user : "Zero"
Feb 6, 2020
GB
Hey guys,
Cheers from Belgium.

View attachment 26895

View attachment 26896

View attachment 26897

View attachment 26898

View attachment 26899

View attachment 26900
That is a lovely looking bike. I had the S works bug on my enduro but I shudder to think what this has set you back.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Hey guys,
Cheers from Belgium.

View attachment 26895

View attachment 26896

View attachment 26897

View attachment 26898

View attachment 26899

View attachment 26900

Beautiful mate. Let us know how your first ride goes..!

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Comparison to the stock Rhythm? So far - I am moderately impressed with the 34. It's not super supple, but it's supportive, doesn't blow through travel and has decent small bump/low speed feel when it's wide up. Haven't noticed stiffness issues yet.

Also - for those looking to have a "better" "equivalent" effective STA on the stock Manic dropper, if you rotate the bottom seat clamp 180 degrees, you can slide the seat forward an additional 15-20 mm or so with the stock seat. I haven't done the math yet, but it's probably ~ 1 deg eff STA ish depending on where you have your saddle. I definitely felt in a better position after doing that yesterday, and no creaks from the saddle/post. Long term - not sure what it will do, but since most of your weight is back on the saddle, it should be fine.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
So far - I am moderately impressed with the 34. It's not super supple, but it's supportive, doesn't blow through travel and has decent small bump/low speed feel when it's wide up. Haven't noticed stiffness issues yet.

I’ve read reviews of the non-ebike 34 Rhythm and they’re pretty complementary. It’s meant to be pretty close the factory/elite unless you’re a real tinkerer with settings. How many SL owners will genuinely be able to get more from a better fork?

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I’ve read reviews of the non-ebike 34 Rhythm and they’re pretty complimentary. It’s meant to be pretty close the factory/elite unless you’re a real tinkerer with settings. How many SL owners will genuinely be able to get more from a better fork?
The stock 34 was fine in all honesty. It's intended purpose is a trail bike and its a trail fork. I was just pissed off that I couldn't ride it so treated myself to a bit of retail therapy. Colours look good dont they? ?

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
150mm. Did you remember my stack on that uphill switchback in South Africa? Front lifted up and I unintentionally did a mini 180 degree wheelie round the corner. For me I think the 160mm would have lifted it a little too high at the front!

Yeh I was first on scene :)

Extra travel would probably make the bike lose a bit of that pop..

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I’ve read reviews of the non-ebike 34 Rhythm and they’re pretty complimentary. It’s meant to be pretty close the factory/elite unless you’re a real tinkerer with settings. How many SL owners will genuinely be able to get more from a better fork?

I’m not overly keen on mine from what I’ve ridden so far. It feels quite rigid and bumpy - even though I have it dialled the best I can with ShockWiz. I know ShockWiz isn’t necessarily perfect, but the lack of HSC / LSC isn’t helping me.

I’m on the verge of ordering a Lyric Ultimate... and I’ll be going with 160mm to give it a slightly slacker feel. I’ve already moved a spacer above the stem to push the nose down a bit, and will do another when I fit this to make up the 10mm change.
The SL lifts less at the front than my Stumpy does... plus I’m able to climb steeper trails with having a motor.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
I’m not overly keen on mine from what I’ve ridden so far. It feels quite rigid and bumpy - even though I have it dialled the best I can with ShockWiz. I know ShockWiz isn’t necessarily perfect, but the lack of HSC / LSC isn’t helping me.

I’m on the verge of ordering a Lyric Ultimate... and I’ll be going with 160mm to give it a slightly slacker feel. I’ve already moved a spacer above the stem to push the nose down a bit, and will do another when I fit this to make up the 10mm change.
The SL lifts less at the front than my Stumpy does... plus I’m able to climb steeper trails with having a motor.

Lyrik's tend to sink into their travel ~ 10mm under the bike's own weight. Might be closer to stock given that reason

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Lyrik's tend to sink into their travel ~ 10mm under the bike's own weight. Might be closer to stock given that reason

Maybe that’s why the Lyric on my last bike felt less ‘bumpy’?
I had my LBS ask Specialized about putting a larger travel fork on. They said 160mm would be fine, but they wouldn’t recommend any more.

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
Can say going to the 2.6" on the front, its certainly made the front end feel nicer, but I like slacker bikes. I wish the stock was 1-1.5 slacker.

Fx1

Auto WARNING : Possible Duplicate user : "Zero"
Feb 6, 2020
GB
I don't know how they think 2.3 tyres are acceptable. They ride hard and less grip then 2.6. I'm guessing the next SL will magically feature 2.6 standard and claim holy grail status

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
The stock 34 was fine in all honesty. It's intended purpose is a trail bike and its a trail fork. I was just pissed off that I couldn't ride it so treated myself to a bit of retail therapy. Colours look good dont they? ?

Which fork offset did you go with Rob? Stick to 51mm or try the 42mm?

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Right... that’s the Lyric Ultimate 160mm 51 offset purchased!
Will hopefully get it for the weekend.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I don't know how they think 2.3 tyres are acceptable. They ride hard and less grip then 2.6. I'm guessing the next SL will magically feature 2.6 standard and claim holy grail status

They have done this on the 2020 Stumpjumper and Levo too. Both bikes have 2.3 rear, but they both feature a 2.6 front. I’ve ordered a DHF 2.5 and a DHR 2.3 to see how they go.

ohm13

Jun 10, 2018
Seattle
Another ride, with my SL. For those in California, I rode this time at Wilder and UCSC. Trails are twisty, flowy, lots of roots, lots of jumps/features, loose, punchy climbs (but not long and sustained unlike Coe) and few steep descent. I did 34 miles, 4000 ft of climbing. About 20% battery remaining after the ride. The SL really shine in these trails. I can really feel the ride quality vs my Shuttle - easier to manual, jump, change direction and pump. Very agile and nimble! When I change body position, the SL reacts immediately. think I found the SL’s sweet spot for my type of riding!

View attachment 26865

View attachment 26866

View attachment 26867

View attachment 26868

View attachment 26869

View attachment 26870

View attachment 26871

View attachment 26872

View attachment 26873

View attachment 26874

View attachment 26875
dude, do you even work? ; )

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles