Official Canyon EMTB Thread

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
went back today did the exact same route although it was windier / colder / muddier and the rider not as fresh from yesterday so only had 1 bar left, covered 37km climbed 900 metres, still can’t get over some of the descents, if you stopped to look how steep and loose they are you would probably have second thoughts.
Only downside was me having a little crash in the car on the way there and running into the back of a Landrover ffs

Fair play that's good distance and climb and still not emptying the battery completely. Wouldn't manage those numbers 2 days in a row on a standard bike. Well I wouldn't anyway.

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
Cased a good few of them. The bike is really stable in the air though. Definetly getting closer and closer to clearing bigger jumps. The place was insane in comparison to the videos on YouTube. It was so steep.

Well done. I struggle with jumps. Always bottle them. Struggling to think of a jump I haven't cased. ? Steep sounds good to me though. I love the techy fast stuff. My mate used strava on our last Brechfa trip and we're descending quite a bit faster on the ebikes than on the reign and Whyte. Must be the weight. Carry speed so well.

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
Annoyingly the 9.0 and 8.0 spectral on is out of stock!! I've been saving and saving and saving....typical hahaha. Have to wait to see if there is to be anymore made. Otherwise wait on potentially a new version to be released.

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
Annoyingly the 9.0 and 8.0 spectral on is out of stock!! I've been saving and saving and saving....typical hahaha. Have to wait to see if there is to be anymore made. Otherwise wait on potentially a new version to be released.

7.0? Love mine. Great spec. Assume you prefer Fox to Rockshox?

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
IS that literally the only difference between the 7 and 8?? If so I'm sure I could live with that!

Yeah Fox suspension and Sram drivetrain on the 8.0 and Rockshox and Shimano on the 7.0. @Clansey would be better commenting on the 8.0. I always had Fox until my last bike which came with a Fox 34 but I swapped for a Pike which was fantastic and the Lyrik on the 7.0 is also fantastic. I've had loads of Shimano drivetrain and the are really dependable and smooth. I put an eagle drivetrain on my last bike which was fantastic but I haven't used Srams ebike 1 x 8. I don't think there's a huge amount of difference between the specs personally. Also a higher spec DT rim on the 8.0 but I think the same hub. Both star ratchet. I'd buy any model they have left. Superb bikes.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
That's deffo good to no then. I'll deffo have to wait then as I do want the 8 really. I'm in no rush as yet to be fair.
The 8.0 is the most descending focused of the lot. The only one with the 160mm fork. Having said that I would be perfectly happy with a 150mm. The 160mm feels like it slightly unbalances the bike on steep technical climbs and that's where these bikes are so much fun. The spec on the 9.0 really annoys me. Hate nobbly nic tires :mad:

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
IS that literally the only difference between the 7 and 8?? If so I'm sure I could live with that!

don’t they have different brakes? sram guides on the 8, shimano zee in the 7.
First time i’ve ever had shimano brakes on this and i really like them, i had guides on my orange, hated them and bought some hopes.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
First time i’ve ever had shimano brakes on this and i really like them, i had guides on my orange, hated them and bought some hopes.
Yeah they do. I had guides on my last bike and didn't mind them. The codes on this are definitely more powerful and substantial compared to my old guides. My mate has the saints on his bike and we both prefer my codes but I think they are both great brakes, it comes down to riding style and personal preference.

In Revolution yesterday in the muddy conditions his saints kept locking up and mine were completely fine.

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
Yeah they do. I had guides on my last bike and didn't mind them. The codes on this are definitely more powerful and substantial compared to my old guides. My mate has the saints on his bike and we both prefer my codes but I think they are both great brakes, it comes down to riding style and personal preference.

In Revolution yesterday in the muddy conditions his saints kept locking up and mine were completely fine.

My mate always sticks with Sram brakes. I didn't like the guides, guide re's were better and he's got codes now. Codes are the best of them and feel really powerful. I just prefer the feel of Shimano. Had so many over the years I suppose. I do lock the saints up though. Caught me out a couple of times. A lot more powerful than my Hopes and XT's so I'm still getting used to them. And obviously most importantly they look way better than codes. ?

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
True that
My mate always sticks with Sram brakes. I didn't like the guides, guide re's were better and he's got codes now. Codes are the best of them and feel really powerful. I just prefer the feel of Shimano. Had so many over the years I suppose. I do lock the saints up though. Caught me out a couple of times. A lot more powerful than my Hopes and XT's so I'm still getting used to them. And obviously most importantly they look way better than codes. ?
True that :cool:

Justchillin

Aug 28, 2018
Derby
I love my 7 the spec for an ebike is bullet proof, i have xo group set, guide ultimates, and 2018 fox factory 36s rc2/dpx2 on my enduro bike and i’m blown away how good the lyrics/delux shock are on the 7 i’d even say i prefer the lyrics to my 36s.

EbikeTom

Sep 23, 2018
Annecy, France
I love my 7 the spec for an ebike is bullet proof, i have xo group set, guide ultimates, and 2018 fox factory 36s rc2/dpx2 on my enduro bike and i’m blown away how good the lyrics/delux shock are on the 7 i’d even say i prefer the lyrics to my 36s.

I’ve just seen your pics, what mudguards are you using? Winter arrived with me this weekend and I definitely need a setup like yours.

Justchillin

Aug 28, 2018
Derby
Has anyone tried a 2.6 in the rear?i have a magic mary addix soft apex knocking about and thought i’d try it for the winter

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
00000IMG_00000_BURST20181104135822265_COVER.jpg

Decided not to ride Whinlatter forest while up in the lakes with @Moonballs as when I done a bit of research of the area I was in there was "some of the best mtb'ing in the country" according to forums. It didn't disappoint. It was certainly different to most I've ridden before.

Really good day out ! We did take the GoPro's out with us but it was wet so I'm not sure how the footage will be.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles