Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
Haven’t posted in a while so sorry if this is redundant , but got my stock x2 (2021) replaced by fox for free with the 2024 factory x2. Definitely an improvement. Feels more supportive and absorbs square edges more smoothly. Definitely worth sending your older one in as they are replacing as long as it predates 2023.

How do you go about this? my X2 on my enduros a 21, first had the squelching now it sounds clonky... :ROFLMAO:

tabbibus

May 5, 2023
Atlanta, USA
Fox is replacing them if they are the 2023 and earlier year. They aren’t checking if they are blown or damaged. Basically a wholesale replacement. You have to create a ticket for warranty but they will reach out to confirm. I called them to double check. My buddy did it on his newer KSL x2 and it was the same story
How long did it take?

tabbibus

May 5, 2023
Atlanta, USA
Just google fox service request and fill out the form. They are replacing all X2 free of charge. Not sure for how long but they are owning up to issues
Thank you. The form asks for the serial number or tune ID. So it seems I'll have to take the shock off to get to it, because I can't seem to find it. May be hidden behind the frame.

Oct 21, 2022
Cumbria
Hi everyone.
I have a KSL 2021 carbon. I have a Dorado on the way, which I’ll run at 180. I have a 230x65mm CC Katsumi air at the rear, giving 183, so that should match up well.
Anyway, headset-wise, the dorados are 1 1/8 and of course the 38s are 1.5 at the bottom. I’ve got a Hope 1.5 - 1 1/8 reducer. Given that i can’t be bothered to actually strip the bike early and have a look for myself, could i ask the hive mind if i will be ok simply putting the Hope reducer in and tally ho? This is my 31st MTb and i still can’t quite recall where the bottom race comes from - does that come with the fork ?
If anyone could refresh me on what i need to buy, if anything, I’d be really grateful. TA
PS #admin is this in the right place, BTW?

Last edited:

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
Dealer in my country (Slovakia, Slovkolex) just expensively serviced my X2, but didn't do (or even offer) any upgrade with the few internals.
And by "serviced" I mean it was squelching like bottle of shampoo already from the cavitation. Came back silent and well working.
But yeah, all these stories of service upgrades are always US/UK based.

• Haha
Reactions: Dax

Arron M

Oct 14, 2021
Australia
Mine is in for warranty here in Australia, and the solution is replace with a 2024 unit if they have stock or install a 2024 shaft and seal kit and rebuild. Mine is receiving the latter. It won’t be ready for my Xmas mtb trip so they’re sending me another shock to use FOC, great service.

soso79

Feb 19, 2021
Germany
Hi everyone.
I have a KSL 2021 carbon. I have a Dorado on the way, which I’ll run at 180. I have a 230x65mm CC Katsumi air at the rear, giving 183, so that should match up well.
Anyway, headset-wise, the dorados are 1 1/8 and of course the 38s are 1.5 at the bottom. I’ve got a Hope 1.5 - 1 1/8 reducer. Given that i can’t be bothered to actually strip the bike early and have a look for myself, could i ask the hive mind if i will be ok simply putting the Hope reducer in and tally ho? This is my 31st MTb and i still can’t quite recall where the bottom race comes from - does that come with the fork ?
If anyone could refresh me on what i need to buy, if anything, I’d be really grateful. TA
PS #admin is this in the right place, BTW?
Hi, you can run it with Full Travel. It dont change the Geo so bad like it does with a 40. and 65mm strocke gives you 177 but works fine together 👍🏻

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I can't find the Tune ID. Is it blocked by the frame? Do I have to take the stupid shock out to find it?
Mine tune id code is here.

1702754089149.jpeg

Reactions: Dax

Cameyo

Dec 19, 2023
Poland
FOX Germany:

there is no recall or exchange campaign for the X2 damper, neither in the USA nor in Germany.
Unfortunately, we are unable to make a conclusive diagnosis from a distance.
To find out more, please send the product to us for inspection.

tabbibus

May 5, 2023
Atlanta, USA
FOX Germany:

there is no recall or exchange campaign for the X2 damper, neither in the USA nor in Germany.
For me in the US they told me to send it in. I will send it in later in January as I have a trip coming up. We'll see what happens. To be fair, the squishing noices are getting louder.

Endurafrika

Jul 7, 2022
Cape Town
FOX Germany:

I dont think I'd call it re-call. My X2 perf has been replaced with a factory X2 after Fox tried to fix it 4x within 10 months. Every time I got it back it was leaking again after a few rides. It cant handle the side load.
Much happier with the TTX and keeping the X2 as a spare.

Armeniandave

Sep 10, 2018
San Diego, California
I contacted Fox here in America and they did say they are replacing it.
The guy on the phone said they are replacing all the ones sent in and
are a bit back logged. I already replaced mine with a 24' factory so when
I get this one I'll probably sell it.

dirt-diggler

Oct 10, 2023
United Kingdom
For context I live in east England, the home of small hills, short runs, small bike parks and lots of jumps.

Today I rode my other bike (new model transition patrol, 27.5 all round, 180 zeb up front, single speed. Basically a park/uplift bike) since owning the kenevo SL. And annoyingly made me realise the patrol is much more fun to ride downhill, it's poppy and playful

Despite the 4kg or so weight difference I was wondering what I could do too bridge the gap? Set up wise they are very similar (on purpose).

Would it be ridiculous to try running the kenevo full 27.5?

Am I just being daft? They are different bikes I guess.

Geniusbiker

Jan 13, 2021
Germany
Has anyone bought or ordered the new KSL "2"? It seems to me that it is really quiet at the "Kenevo SL2 front"... The thread here at EMTB when Rob introduced it seems to be dead, also in our German forums absolute silence.
I´m really excited to follow how this thing is going to sell...

sethimus

Dec 31, 2023
Switzerland
Has anyone bought or ordered the new KSL "2"? It seems to me that it is really quiet at the "Kenevo SL2 front"... The thread here at EMTB when Rob introduced it seems to be dead, also in our German forums absolute silence.
ordered a framekit. gonna build it with the same parts that are on my banshee titan right now (selva c, super deluxe coil rct, xt/deore drivetrain mix). need to order a new 230mm sdlc though. also ordered some 155mm cranks for the new bike. anyone interested in the 170mm carbon cranks and the kashima factory x2?

haven‘t yet decided if i should go mullet again or to go full 29er

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
For context I live in east England, the home of small hills, short runs, small bike parks and lots of jumps.

Today I rode my other bike (new model transition patrol, 27.5 all round, 180 zeb up front, single speed. Basically a park/uplift bike) since owning the kenevo SL. And annoyingly made me realise the patrol is much more fun to ride downhill, it's poppy and playful

Despite the 4kg or so weight difference I was wondering what I could do too bridge the gap? Set up wise they are very similar (on purpose).

Would it be ridiculous to try running the kenevo full 27.5?

Am I just being daft? They are different bikes I guess.

Based on your name, I presume your KSL is already mulleted :- ) ? If not, then mullet is good part of possible solution.
Other is, how long have you had each? Every new bike feels much better. (novelty, freshly setup suspension, fresh tyres,...).
With that said, it will always be 20kg plushy linear tractor.

Nothing ridiculous about running KSL in 27.5. Get at least 180mm fork, ideally even 190 and you're set.
Poppy & Playful is quite often about suspension setup, rarely does linkage make such a dramatic difference people think. Coil with fast rebound and suddenly everything is poppy..

With that said, having multiple similar, overlapping bikes won't make you feel happier in my opinion. I intentionally keep only pump-track bike alongside my KSL. No overlap between them at all. No misery of choice & comparison for me :- )

fodmtb

Sep 4, 2018
Forest of Dean
I have KSL2 (2024) and love it. Despite shit UK weather at present, it's great and had no issues, so much fun.

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
I think people who have the older one actually going out and buying them is few and far between. The motor noise is quieter but it does creep up under real world load, spinning along a fire road is when it sounds quietest. This is based on my levo sl 2 feedback.

Marshall Willanholly

Subscriber
Oct 24, 2022
Oregon
The Kenevo SL2 is still not on the Specialized US site. I don’t know if it’s possible to order one through a dealer at this point.

I imagine the lack of availability in one of the larger markets for this bike might be contributing to how quiet this thread is.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles