Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Palm to forehead. KSL 1 has the proprietary Praxis/Mahle SL 1.1/M30 spline. SL 1.2 is different....
5Dev does not not make cranks for the Mahle 1.1
Yes…I know that. The discussion was about upgrading to the 1.2 which 5Dev does make cranks for.

Razorrazoo

Oct 17, 2023
London
First time ride on my KSL today, went with mates on regular bikes so spent most time in Eco or with motor off apart from when I needed to catch the group after having to make some adjustments. Worked really well in that setting plus was great doing a few more laps when others had packed up. Felt instantly at home on the bike helped by having sorted replacing the bars, stem and grips to a similar set up to previous. It a bit shorter than my Megatower but not too bad. Set up suspension as per the Specialized configuration tool and aside from a touch more pressure in the shock and a click or two of LSC on the fork and it feels good already. What is amazing is that downhill it’s just like riding a normal bike, I can switch off the motor and it handles and jumps just like my Megatower, not a heavy lump. Going to enjoy getting more familiar with it.

dirt-diggler

Oct 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Anyone know if the fox x2s that come on the s works frames have volume spacers installed from new?

Obviously I could go take it off and look but it saves me the faff if anyone knows the answer 😀

head

Jul 2, 2020
Slovakia
Anyone know if the fox x2s that come on the s works frames have volume spacers installed from new?

Obviously I could go take it off and look but it saves me the faff if anyone knows the answer 😀

I don't know for sure, but I presume that it doesn't. At least, my X2 on an expert did not have it. I used to run one volume spacer on the Gen 2 Levo, but I removed it when I moved my old X2 to the Gen 3 Levo.

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
The Kids SL is now on sale for $2500, that's 35% discount. Not sure what the resale value of a Kids SL with 1.1 motor but the whole concept just got a lot cheaper....
Then when the 1.2 motor breaks which it will eventually, then what ? For 15nm extra torque it's not worth the hassle.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Has any broken their rear fender? I am not sure how it is possible as I am not sure what it hit but it snapped off on the frame on the rear triangle. I found the part number (S212200004 - FND MY22 KENEVO SL REAR FENDER KIT ) but Specialzied.com doesn't seem to sell it. Any idea on where/how to get one?

h3ld

Aug 30, 2020
Heidelberg
Which tune did you choose for the Vivid?
Here is the answer I was looking for:
Vivid Ultimate RC2T (230x62.5) Vivid Air 3 Token Reb55/Comp26 lockout2 Adj Hydraulic Bottom OutNo Bushing 90STD(8x20) C1-Specialized Kenevo SL 2021+ 00.4118.421.063

#vivid #kenevoSL #compression #tune

DaveG01

Mar 27, 2023
Shills
Hello
My KSL was bought this year and came with an X01 Cassette which is something I've never put on any of my bikes before due to the cost, I've always been of recent years a GX buyer or previously and sometime ago XT/SLX.
The drive group, is now tired/done after two chains and 800 IMHO careful miles.
I've bought a steel front ring and also a new GX Cassette which could go on this or any of my bikes, but I'm now thinking I should go less gears like 10 or 11 and get something cheaper/stronger/heavier?
But not at the expense of too much gear range loss (currently 520%) that might then get me rinsing the battery a lot quicker (or just getting fitter :p)
What have others done in this situation, or should I just fit the GX and throw money at it 🔥

Appreciate that a full power bike rider might just but 9/10 speed on and just smash the miles out and then bin the cheap components

Arron M

Oct 14, 2021
Australia
Dave G01, im in a very similar position to you. Was getting 800-1400kms from SLX/XT, on a full fat. Now trying to preserve a very expensive X01 cassette on the SL. So, what stretch were you replacing the chain on the SRAM drivetrain? My local sram faithfuls tell me, put an X01 chain on every time it gets near .5% and you’ll get over 2000k’s out of the cassette, i am skeptical.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Hello
My KSL was bought this year and came with an X01 Cassette which is something I've never put on any of my bikes before due to the cost, I've always been of recent years a GX buyer or previously and sometime ago XT/SLX.
The drive group, is now tired/done after two chains and 800 IMHO careful miles.
I've bought a steel front ring and also a new GX Cassette which could go on this or any of my bikes, but I'm now thinking I should go less gears like 10 or 11 and get something cheaper/stronger/heavier?
But not at the expense of too much gear range loss (currently 520%) that might then get me rinsing the battery a lot quicker (or just getting fitter :p)
What have others done in this situation, or should I just fit the GX and throw money at it 🔥

Appreciate that a full power bike rider might just but 9/10 speed on and just smash the miles out and then bin the cheap components

For the ksl I’d just fit GX. Or maybe use it as an excuse to upgrade to T-Type. I’d bet that there will be some deals going early next year as the cycle industry wobbles

DaveG01

Mar 27, 2023
Shills
I'm not sure, mine have might have been damage related as last chain broke just before I put it in the shop for a failed X2 which has been warrantied, the front ring had a split tooth and I haven't studied the cassette properly. Been ill since

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
For the ksl I’d just fit GX. Or maybe use it as an excuse to upgrade to T-Type. I’d bet that there will be some deals going early next year as the cycle industry wobbles
I wouldn’t count on there being very many deals on components at all in the next year. One of my best friends owns one of the largest LBS where I’m originally from, he’s been in the industry for a long time. He had some interesting things to say, mainly about what’s going on with components as that’s what I was ordering from him.

This is what he had to say:

The whole industry is doing everything they can to run their inventory levels into the ground by the end of the year to induce a controlled shortage for next year so they can drive prices back up to where they need them to be. They're even being transparent about it with dealers.

• Wow
Reactions: Dax

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I wouldn’t count on there being very many deals on components at all in the next year. One of my best friends owns one of the largest LBS where I’m originally from, he’s been in the industry for a long time. He had some interesting things to say, mainly about what’s going on with components as that’s what I was ordering from him.

This is what he had to say:

The whole industry is doing everything they can to run their inventory levels into the ground by the end of the year to induce a controlled shortage for next year so they can drive prices back up to where they need them to be. They're even being transparent about it with dealers.

Explains why I haven’t been able to buy a pair of bloody 5.10s in my size!

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Dave G01, im in a very similar position to you. Was getting 800-1400kms from SLX/XT, on a full fat. Now trying to preserve a very expensive X01 cassette on the SL. So, what stretch were you replacing the chain on the SRAM drivetrain? My local sram faithfuls tell me, put an X01 chain on every time it gets near .5% and you’ll get over 2000k’s out of the cassette, i am skeptical.
I don't understand both of you, how you make the cassette wear out so quickly.

I have an X0 cassette that lasts approx. 8000 km on normal mtb. I change a new X0 chain every year and it lasts so well that I don't really measure its stretch.

I grabbed the X0 cassette from my KSL and put GX in it 😜

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Haven’t posted in a while so sorry if this is redundant , but got my stock x2 (2021) replaced by fox for free with the 2024 factory x2. Definitely an improvement. Feels more supportive and absorbs square edges more smoothly. Definitely worth sending your older one in as they are replacing as long as it predates 2023.

tabbibus

May 5, 2023
Atlanta, USA
Haven’t posted in a while so sorry if this is redundant , but got my stock x2 (2021) replaced by fox for free with the 2024 factory x2. Definitely an improvement. Feels more supportive and absorbs square edges more smoothly. Definitely worth sending your older one in as they are replacing as long as it predates 2023.
I'm hoping mine dies so I can do that. What are the first signs of death?

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
I'm hoping mine dies so I can do that. What are the first signs of death?
Fox is replacing them if they are the 2023 and earlier year. They aren’t checking if they are blown or damaged. Basically a wholesale replacement. You have to create a ticket for warranty but they will reach out to confirm. I called them to double check. My buddy did it on his newer KSL x2 and it was the same story

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles