Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

HarzEnduro

Jan 23, 2022
Germany
For sure the best brakes there are. Have you bleed them yet? ive Had them for a year and sometimes in berms my chest still goes over the bars. I let a legit rider take my bike down for a run and all he said was WTF!
Sure. I've had the Trickstuff Direttissima for over three years now so I'm very proficient when it comes to bleeding them. It's not different with the MXA. I agree. They are plenty powerful. I went from a 223mm rotor with the TS Direttissima to a 203mm with the MXA. Still 15% more power as the rotor accounts for -10% and the MXA has 25% more than the DRT.
Very clean! How far is the AXS dropper post sticking out of the seat tube?
84mm.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Got a blue knob
5D18D13C-65EB-49E5-A1B3-B6A52F3F3CCB.jpeg

Ricardo75

Sep 18, 2021
Woking
I realise that the levo sl is the trail bike and the Kenevo more enduro, but what is the kenevo sl like on regular trails, does it feel like too much bike?

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
I realise that the levo sl is the trail bike and the Kenevo more enduro, but what is the kenevo sl like on regular trails, does it feel like too much bike?

Feels amazing. Very very fast. Nimble. Lots of fun.

Might depend slightly on what a ‘regular trail’ means to you.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver

Definitely depends on where you intend to ride but so far, I have not found a significant difference between my Levo SL and Kenevo SL, on the trials I ride. My Levo SL has upgraded suspension, which is common among Levo SL owners.

Ricardo75

Sep 18, 2021
Woking
Feels amazing. Very very fast. Nimble. Lots of fun.

Might depend slightly on what a ‘regular trail’ means to you.

My local rides are on trails with limited elevation (more like cross country rides) but I do also visit Surrey hills and Swinley when I can.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
My local rides are on trails with limited elevation (more like cross country rides) but I do also visit Surrey hills and Swinley when I can.
Why an ebike at all if the rides are mellow with limited elevation? If the answer is because I can then fair enough but it's a genuine question.

I wouldn't buy a KSL for 90% xc riding. New Trek maybe.

Reactions: Dax

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal

It's a great "universal" bike, which excels DH and on faster trails. To the other that suggested not going the KSL route for flat trails and XC I would agree with, but also note, it would work just fine.

Reactions: Dax

R3Z3N

Mar 2, 2022
California
^ I agree. I can have 3 bikes in my city garage: Dirt Jumper, MTB and wife's cruiser..... There is currently not another e-mtb that I would trade this for, though the new Trek/Pivot SL/ Transition would be tempting, but my local terrain is a rim/pedal/bb destroyer with rocks. For the mellow trails that are on the other side of the mountain, I just have to find my fun off the sides, hence why I asked for a "trail" setting on my E-storia vs a pedal platform.

Though when things get REALLY steep IE I have yet to figure out a way to stop on sections...this bike REALLY kicks ass. If you don't do steeps/chunk like that, I would personally say the new breed of lightweight MTBs are the cat's meow.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD

KSL would definitely do that, I used mine for an XC ride a couple of weeks back and it was fantastic, but would also probably be overkill. Do you also ride bigger lines at bpw, fod, morzine etc? If not, maybe consider something more XC focused like an Orbea Rise?

Ricardo75

Sep 18, 2021
Woking
KSL would definitely do that, I used mine for an XC ride a couple of weeks back and it was fantastic, but would also probably be overkill. Do you also ride bigger lines at bpw, fod, morzine etc? If not, maybe consider something more XC focused like an Orbea Rise?

Thanks for all the responses, I do think the levo sl or rise are more suited for 90% of my riding but wanted some feedback from owners of the ksl to confirm

HarzEnduro

Jan 23, 2022
Germany
Before today's ride I hadn't been on the bike for over a week. Today I noticed, that the motor rattles a lot! Can anyone confirm this? I don't know whether this is due to the Fox Float X being installed as the EXT E-Storia went for a service but I can't remember having heard this rattling sound earlier.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Anyone interested in an EXT Storia for their KSL? I'm going back to full air and this has just been serviced so good to go. Comes with a 500lb spring.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Didnt Trek just release a silent one? The noise is my only complaint, that it's not as quiet as my previous kenevo

HarzEnduro

Jan 23, 2022
Germany
If your complaining about the noise of an ebike motor, you should either invent a better one yourself or go back to an analogue.
Seriously, get over it. A motor is pushing your un grateful ass up a mountain and that’s still not good enough.
If that's aimed at me complaining about the motor noise of mine then I don't understand it. I'm not that much complaining about the noise when going uphill. It's the rattling on the downhill (that wasn't there in the beginning) that drives me nuts. It sounds like chainslap with a much higher frequency.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
If that's aimed at me complaining about the motor noise of mine then I don't understand it. I'm not that much complaining about the noise when going uphill. It's the rattling on the downhill (that wasn't there in the beginning) that drives me nuts. It sounds like chainslap with a much higher frequency.
It was aimed at anyone who complains about motor whine. Do they not see the irony of what they are themselves are doing? At least the motor has a reason to whine.

head

Jul 2, 2020
Slovakia
This is the rattling I'm talking about. I don't recall having this at the beginning. It drives me nuts and is a lot louder on the trail.

This doesn't look nor sound good. I would recommend to stop riding the bike and taking it to the service center.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles