Now an Allmtn 3.0 owner

Bean

Jul 21, 2018
Hull, UK
Well, as the Cube turned out to be a bit iffy I happened to stop into another local bike shop, Bike Stable in Grimsby.
These guys were very helpful, and offered us a brand new Allmtn 3.0 for £3100. Well at that price with back up from a LBS couldn't say no really :)
And of course it's now chucking it down so full run as soon as rain settles a bit. Advantage is I have couple months off so going to get some miles on it and hope can keep up with wife's Levo ! Dartmoor area hol in weeks time so going to play there.

Keggie

Mar 12, 2019
Suffolk
Well, as the Cube turned out to be a bit iffy I happened to stop into another local bike shop, Bike Stable in Grimsby.
These guys were very helpful, and offered us a brand new Allmtn 3.0 for £3100. Well at that price with back up from a LBS couldn't say no really :)
And of course it's now chucking it down so full run as soon as rain settles a bit. Advantage is I have couple months off so going to get some miles on it and hope can keep up with wife's Levo ! Dartmoor area hol in weeks time so going to play there.
Is it The bike stable ?

Bean

Jul 21, 2018
Hull, UK
It's thebikestable.co.uk, it's the standard Allmtn 3.0
IMG_20190730_083521.jpg

Dr. Don

Mar 1, 2020
USA
I hope folks still follow this thread. I am thinking about purchasing a 2019 Haibike Allmtn. 3.0, and I am wondering how current owners feel about their bike--having owned them now for several months.

Reviews of the bike flagged the following issues with the Allmtn 3.0:

Weight and clumsiness (need to choose one's line carefully)
Inadequate brakes
Constant chain rattle
A feeling of being 'too forward' in steep downhills
And, a tendency for the rear suspension to sag--a need to be careful going over roots and rocks.
And, there appears to be some general problems with Haibike frames (stress cracks)
Some trouble with 'walk-mode'
And some issues with the dropper post.

I would just like to check in with real owners to see how they feel. I demoed a 2018 Allmtn 7.5--loved it, but it was heavy and felt like it had a high center of gravity. I will not have an opportunity to demo the 2019 3.0--I am hoping the internal battery lowers the center of gravity a tad, although I expect the bike to be heavy and not all that easy to navigate through technical terrain like its predecessor.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
Reviews should not realy be trusted. Many are adds just disguised but full of BS.
You are probably aware that some brands are selling terrible Ebikes if we look at reliability.
That so called ***review*** look like it was written for an other brand. After coming out with tons of excuses and lies one they like is all Ebikes have issues. In my experience Haibike and Yamaha are in the few better options. Mine is a HT and being simpler it has none of the issues you mentioned. Unfortunately in my country there is no distributor for 2020 so i am considering between a Giant and a RockyMountain.

Funkyoid

Jul 19, 2019
Dumfries and Galloway
I love mine. Yes it’s heavy but for the money I feel it’s money well spent. I’ve had no issues with mine. I bought from a local dealer so feel safe in the knowledge any issues (not had any) will be addressed.

Dr. Don

Mar 1, 2020
USA
Thanks for the replies. I do appreciate the information--anything helps. In the US there are not many Haibike dealers, and Haibike seems to be pulling back from the US market in 2020--but there are a few certified Bosch bikeshops (probably due to Trek). The limited five year warranty from Haibike on the front frame triangle is a concern for me (and only one year on the rear)--and the possibility (unlikely, I hope) of having to deal with Haibike USA from a website.

I do have one more question for anyone out there, especially an Allmtn 3.0 rider: has anyone ever tried riding with a spare 500W Bosch powertube in your backpack, and then switching the battery out on the trail for a longer ride? How was it?

Thank you again for the feedback and advice.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles