Noob from Hampshire with decisions to make

beanzz

Feb 7, 2023
United Kingdom
I've done a bit more research and with the sales the vitus esommet vrx at 5k just seems worth it tbh, and with the extra money I can just use it to get it serviced at cycle world and grows relationship with them

Grendel

Subscriber
Dec 20, 2021
Texas
Get a full powered E bike. I have a YT Decoy and love it, but also have 3 non- e bikes..ride them all. Some of my friends got "lite" e bikes, and then start modifying them for more power and suspension🙁 . The decoy has everything you could want, the lite E bikes don't. Good luck!
Both are wonderful bikes and you can't go wrong. I own an M10 and wouldn't change it for the world but I've never owned a FF so can't give a head-to-head ownership comparison. I will say that more isn't always better. I've found my light(er) weight bike is a little closer to the analogue bike experience but has all the power I want to help on climbs or to extend a ride for far more miles than you would typically ride. Either the FF or mis-assist experience have things to recommend them. Some of us don't want a motorcycle with a pedal throttle. I haven't experienced range as a problem. My butt gets sore long before the battery runs out. :)

Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
I would also recommend buying local ish depending on the deal etc
I would also go for a full power one as you may only want to change in a couple of years otherwise, especially if you end up riding with others on full power bikes
Also I think that I read a thread on here about yt having a sale with 25% off, might be worth checking out the yt website

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles