None Sram pads ??

Link

Nov 22, 2020
Surrey
The Sram sintered OE pads on my RSC brakes are annoyingly noisy, esp when they get wet !, It's useful to let dog walkers you are behind them but not much use otherwise !. What have people used other than the SRAM OE, I think Sram do a 'power' pad which is a mixture of sintered and organic (no idea if they are any good), I have seen people talk about trickstuff and ebc as good alternatives ?, Does anyone go organic or always stick to sintered ?. I am not hitting serious downhills so too worried about overheating organic, however this is my first ebike and as we all know they are heavy, so don't want to be unsafe by going organic !, But do hate the OE pads noise !!! ??

plu29um

Apr 24, 2019
Denmark
Organic pads are perfectly safe on an e-mtb, but you will wear them out much faster - just like you would on push bikes.

Both my sintered pad equipped RSC brakes on my E-MTB and my Hydros on my road bike tend to ScReAM when wet but they are quiet when dry. If yours are noisy when dry, you might need to clean the pads and rotors.

Link

Nov 22, 2020
Surrey
thanks, yes, i am in the process of giving them a clean/light sanding to try to stop the noise. Tbh i have to admit i didnt bed them in, totally slipped my mind as it was a new bike, normally do i when i change pads, but had a brain fart and missed that the pads would be new too ! :) .

I have heard you should not use the same rotors if you move from sintered to organic, not sure how true that is ?

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
thanks, yes, i am in the process of giving them a clean/light sanding to try to stop the noise. Tbh i have to admit i didnt bed them in, totally slipped my mind as it was a new bike, normally do i when i change pads, but had a brain fart and missed that the pads would be new too ! :) .

I have heard you should not use the same rotors if you move from sintered to organic, not sure how true that is ?
Use what pads you like , the cheapest organic work fine , wear faster maybe but at less than a fiver a set who cares . They all seem to squeal in the wet for me at times

Link

Nov 22, 2020
Surrey
Indeed, I went for some Nukeproof organic as there is limited choice in stock at the moment, anyway, they work great and as you say, still sequel when wet but that quickly stops when they dry out. Unlike the sintered which never stopped !

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Lots of choice on eBay ive just ordered these ceramic ones to try . N&T SRAM Guide RE Code R Code RSC Ceramic Disc Brake Pads | eBay.
I think the squealing is often oil getting on the pads . I expect we all use some kind of spray to protect the bike , I use silicone spray and it easy to get a bit on the discs which seems to make then squeal more in the wet . There are a few mixed materials to try like semi metallic , ceramic , etc you may find one that suits your conditions the best , around the country the different mud / stone etc all seems to have different effects on brakes

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles