next two weeks? UK ??

Jona

Jan 24, 2020
Belgium
Hi,
i'm traveling to UK with my family next two weeks. My eldest and I like to enduro (E)MTB. we travel with caravan, so we can relocate easy. I'm looking for advice on riding spots where the weather is good. any advice?

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
Do you have a route planned out? If you know where in the UK you'll be people can advise on where to ride. No point recommending golfie if you're down in Cornwall.

Jona

Jan 24, 2020
Belgium
Do you have a route planned out? If you know where in the UK you'll be people can advise on where to ride. No point recommending golfie if you're down in Cornwall.
the plan was to make a tour, we have not booked anything yet. typically we let the weather guides us a bit, but now it seems like crap weather for net 14days in all of UK. ( i know ith is UK we chose) maybe far east. (Ipswick)

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Your best bet is to decide what area the day or so before and ask for some gpx routes. I'm sure you will get some great riding 👍

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
the plan was to make a tour, we have not booked anything yet. typically we let the weather guides us a bit, but now it seems like crap weather for net 14days in all of UK. ( i know ith is UK we chose) maybe far east. (Ipswick)
I cannot remember the last time we had bad weather for 14 days straight, - What about Komoot great for finding new routes where ever you are.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD

East is pretty flat. Surrey hills is probably a good spot to start, then head up to fod and wales.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I cannot remember the last time we had bad weather for 14 days straight, - What about Komoot great for finding new routes where ever you are.
I could be wrong as I haven’t looked for ages but when I last checked Komoot it seemed to be more based on xc ‘bridleway’ routes and not trails, which Trailforks is far better at

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
There's not too much up the East coast of England really.
Check out Surrey Hills for trails down South (others can recommend some other places). If you are heading North I would pass through the peak district, lake district, possibly North Yorks moors (but you'll need trailforks).

Get to Scotland and visit the tweed valley, some of the best UK enduro trails and loads packed into a small area.

Wales has some good stuff too but you can't beat Scotland, especially if you are in a caravan away from campsites.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
maybe far east. (Ipswick)
Probably one of the flattest areas in the UK.. and not much if anything to shout about in terms of riding ..
The best riding in the UK without doubt is the North West Highlands of Scotland ..and in particular the area in and around Torridon ..but its going to take a fair chunk out of your holiday just getting there ..the Lake District has some fantastic riding ..but at this time of year it is a tourist hot spot and you will probably want to end it all trying to get around very narrow roads with a caravan ..
I would head for the Tweed Valley ..Innerleithen / Glentress ..and if you have the skill set ..The Golfie ..which is accessed from Innerleithen ..
There are some fantastic natural trails too..Gypsy Glen ..The Three Bretheren Route etc ...
I don't know where you got your weather forecast from but as far as I'm aware we are heading for a freak heatwave from the beginning of July ..
Hope you find what you are looking for ..

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
As others have said Wales, peak District, lake District. Just those places alone have enough for two weeks solid riding let alone what Scotland has to offer.

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
Hi,
i'm traveling to UK with my family next two weeks. My eldest and I like to enduro (E)MTB. we travel with caravan, so we can relocate easy. I'm looking for advice on riding spots where the weather is good. any advice?
Where is your port of entry? As that will have a huge influence of where you can reach without wasting travel time. If it the south east then there is good riding around north and south downs, and if you head further west to hampshire and dorset theres great riding around there, a book i use is the good mountain bike guide, it about 9yrs old but is excellent for routes you can ride in places you dont know around england and wales.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I assume you are arriving at Calais and unless you want to spend more time driving than riding I would get straight onto the m25/m4 and head west to S.Wales. There is more than enough riding there to keep you happy.....Bike Park Wales, Afan, Llandegla, Coed y Brenin, Brechfa etc...............and maybe towards the end of your trip head east again to Forest of Dean.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Arriving from Calais you mean ! I’d go straight to Surrey hills for a warmup day then fod then up north wales to Dyfi bp and Llangollen . Have a nice trip down the west welsh coast to Aberystwyth and St David’s then BPW then Windhill if you still got legs !
Edit Afan will rain , it’s guaranteed ☺️

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Arriving from Calais you mean ! I’d go straight to Surrey hills for a warmup day then fod then up north wales to Dyfi bp and Llangollen . Have a nice trip down the west welsh coast to Aberystwyth and St David’s then BPW then Windhill if you still got legs !
Edit Afan will rain , it’s guaranteed ☺️
thanks...yes..I meant Dover!!...from Calais!!

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
If you go from afan to bpw the trip over the mountains is epic 🤘

Last edited:

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Seen them regularly. Had an Apache parallel to me near Betsyw Coed once along the river. Once looked down into the cockpit of an RAF Buccaneer whilst skiing at Glenshee.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Just had 3 weeks good weather in a lot of Scotland so 👌 fingers crossed . Keep posting where you are at someone will probably help you on where to ride in that area .

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
Weather isn't much of a worry anywhere in the UK at this time of year.

What sort of riding do you want?

Scotland and Wales probably have the most to offer in terms of bike park etc.

Don't bother with anywhere in the (south) East, all fairly flat.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Most of Wales would be good, just avoid the coast.
My Walking club has a hut in Deiniolen near Llanberis booked for 5 nights in September. Haven't studied area yet 9 hour drive from me though but bike would definitely be going . Tempted at £10 a night

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
My Walking club has a hut in Deiniolen near Llanberis booked for 5 nights in September. Haven't studied area yet 9 hour drive from me though but bike would definitely be going . Tempted at £10 a night
I strongly suggest that you do an internet search on the riding. There are loads of fantastic walking paths along the length of the coast and also inland. We were near St Davids in the SW and we could not find any worthwhile trails that didn't have a "NO Cycling" sign. We met several groups of bikers on hols in the same area all having the same problem.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles