Newbie with Miranda cranks Q factor info

nickf

May 29, 2023
france
Hi everyone . 65 yr old Brit living in France. Had to give up mountain biking a few years back due to angina problems but now got two stents in my heart and bought a Trek Rail last year. Am now a reborn MTBer and doing harder, steeper, more technical and challenging rides here in the French mountains than I've ever done before over 30 year of off-road riding. Loving it!
Seems I'm not the only one to discover that I'm having way more pedal strikes due to the steeper, rockier, more technical climbing I'm able to do on the Rail. So just ordered a pair of 155m cranks from MIranda.
I know there are previous threads on shorter Miranda cranks but it's not always clear what Q factor variant to purchase. I enquired to Miranda and they sent me this helpful table that shows dimensions for various Q factors. Note that the "RF" label does not refer to a dimension variant but just signifies a new model. ie a Q8 RF is the same as a Q8. Hope this might be helpful.

mirand Q.jpg

CliffP

Jan 24, 2023
San Antonio Texas
Hi everyone . 65 yr old Brit living in France. Had to give up mountain biking a few years back due to angina problems but now got two stents in my heart and bought a Trek Rail last year. Am now a reborn MTBer and doing harder, steeper, more technical and challenging rides here in the French mountains than I've ever done before over 30 year of off-road riding. Loving it!
Seems I'm not the only one to discover that I'm having way more pedal strikes due to the steeper, rockier, more technical climbing I'm able to do on the Rail. So just ordered a pair of 155m cranks from MIranda.
I know there are previous threads on shorter Miranda cranks but it's not always clear what Q factor variant to purchase. I enquired to Miranda and they sent me this helpful table that shows dimensions for various Q factors. Note that the "RF" label does not refer to a dimension variant but just signifies a new model. ie a Q8 RF is the same as a Q8. Hope this might be helpful.

View attachment 116075
I have three sets of these cranks. By far the best bang for the buck. Get just wide enough to clear rear triangle. The narrower the better

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles