Newbie starting eMTB life with a dilemma, HELP!

Jester

Jun 2, 2021
Kings Caple
So, I have joined the eMTB world with a 2021 Turbo Levo Comp which arrived yesterday in my chosen colour, Spruce. However, when I wheeled it out the box, it was black! This was quite the surprise considering the black option wasn't even listed on the sellers website as it wasn't in stock in any size! To potentially avoid the annoying process of having the bike collected, returned and exchanged, I decided to unwrap and build it up......just to see if the colour looked better in the flesh than it does on the internet......and annoyingly it does. The bike is due to be collected tomorrow but I am between the proverbial rock and a hard place as to whether I cancel that and keep it. After all, the black isn't available worldwide so would be more unique, but I am worried I will regret not getting the colour I originally chose. HELP!!!

Bike Black.jpg

TPEHAK

Nov 23, 2020
USA Seattle WA
I did not feel any uniqueness of the black color until you said about it. Nobody cares about color uniqueness, so pick the color you like.

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
lf you don't like the colour and the shop are prepared to change it for the one you really wanted, let them change it.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
You can built it and then send it back?

Regardless, in these parts, getting top-tier bikes is still problematic. I know guys who have purchased bikes in colors they didn't want, just because those were the only bikes available. For what it's worth, both my bikes are shades of black. Black Bikes Matter.

Jester

Jun 2, 2021
Kings Caple

Regardless, in these parts, getting top-tier bikes is still problematic. I know guys who have purchased bikes in colors they didn't want, just because those were the only bikes available. For what it's worth, both my bikes are shades of black. Black Bikes Matter.
Yeah it's fine, not taken it out for a ride. Took it apart, wrapped it back up and put it all back in the box just as it came.

It's not that the colour I wanted wasn't available, they just sent the wrong one. I like the black but I am going to go with my original choice. It's going back tomorrow and I will be sent another.

NotAveJoe

Nov 19, 2019
Wyoming
Well, science tells us that orange and red bikes are the fastest. All other bikes are about the same. Seeing that your black bike will be just as slow (comparatively) as your spruce bike, just keep the black one. Should you have the option to get an orange or red one, of course, jump on that.

Foxy

May 27, 2021
Gosport, Hampshire

Hilarious ?

Jester

Jun 2, 2021
Kings Caple
UPDATE
I am keeping the black. The retailer said it would take up to 28 days to receive and process the return before sending me the replacement. They won't reserve stock until the return has been processed so by that time there would be no guarantee a Spruce bike in my size would even be in stock. Clowns! So I am keeping it. Built it back up and will be invisiframing it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Schnipps

May 12, 2021
Newcastle
UPDATE
I am keeping the black. The retailer said it would take up to 28 days to receive and process the return before sending me the replacement. They won't reserve stock until the return has been processed so by that time there would no guarantee a Spruce bike in my size would even be in stock. Clowns! So I am keeping it. Built it back up and will be invisiframing it tomorrow.

Good man, get that awful plastic cassette guard thing off asap!

Jester

Jun 2, 2021
Kings Caple
Already done! Paired the bike with some DMR Vault pedals and DMR Deathgrips. Got my eye on a few mods but going to run her like she is for the time being.

Major Stare

May 5, 2021
Nottinghamshire
UPDATE
I am keeping the black. The retailer said it would take up to 28 days to receive and process the return before sending me the replacement. They won't reserve stock until the return has been processed so by that time there would be no guarantee a Spruce bike in my size would even be in stock. Clowns! So I am keeping it. Built it back up and will be invisiframing it tomorrow.

Definitely done the right thing there. Get out and ride it, looks an epic bike.?

TrailBoB

Apr 27, 2020
Scotland
Once you’ve hit the trail….the dust….the dirt….the mud……it’s all good. The color gets lost in the fun your having.
UPDATE
Great looks fantastic. Be kind now & look after the caterpillar. ????

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
So, I have joined the eMTB world with a 2021 Turbo Levo Comp which arrived yesterday in my chosen colour, Spruce. However, when I wheeled it out the box, it was black! This was quite the surprise considering the black option wasn't even listed on the sellers website as it wasn't in stock in any size! To potentially avoid the annoying process of having the bike collected, returned and exchanged, I decided to unwrap and build it up......just to see if the colour looked better in the flesh than it does on the internet......and annoyingly it does. The bike is due to be collected tomorrow but I am between the proverbial rock and a hard place as to whether I cancel that and keep it. After all, the black isn't available worldwide so would be more unique, but I am worried I will regret not getting the colour I originally chose. HELP!!!

View attachment 63663
The fact the Specialized are way overpriced for what you get...I'd be sending it back to get the colour I wanted for sure.?

Stabbawin

Apr 14, 2021
Bristol
It’s really about the set up and not the colour. I hunted for 18 months and accepts a bike that fits… the colour wouldn’t have been my first choice but a perfect match was more important..

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
I would just keep it

to be honest I had a similar thing I brought a turbo Levo and it was the clay colour which in the pictures looks quite like light grey ( which I also thought was the colour of CLAY )
When I got the bike home it has a strong purple/lavender look to it (which to me isn’t clay )

anyway rode it a few times Modified it to the hilt and totally love the bike , and just forgot about the colour

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles