First bike dilemma

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
If i where you i would seriously look into this, top end kit, great bike, great price. I have nearly bought it twice, but i just cant justify a third E-MTB!:

Buy the new Devinci DC XT E-Trail 2018 - Freeborn Bikes

ac__jpg_2000x1160_q100-2.jpg

nickw1965

Patreon
Sep 26, 2018
Aldershot,Hampshire

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh

I bought this bikes big brother, the AC XT with 180mm travel up front. Beautifully made bike, mine came with full Fox Factory suspension.

Buy the new Devinci AC XT E-All Mountain 2018 - Freeborn Bikes

The ride performance is just incredible, I have ridden the Kenovo, Haibike Sduro and NDuro a fair bit but the suspension on this bike is the best of any MTB I have ever ridden.

Bike is silent, no rattles and the components on it from tyres up are just top notch. The DC XT looks of a similar spec quality. You should defo consider these bikes as an alternative, seriously good build quality and Freeborn seem to be a good dealer.

Review, translated from Italian here

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1275

I’m in a very similar situation as nickw1965 and also had the 2019 comp carbon Levo on my shortlist. That being said, I’m really starting to like the Devinci recommendations, particularly the DC due to the type of riding I do. I can barely find any reviews or information about the bike and until now had not heard of them at all. Being my first eMTB that concerns me a bit as I may well require support from either Devinci or the dealer and no where local to me stocks these. Can I ask the owners here to share their heights and what size bikes they went for please? Ive been really struggling with sizing on the different bikes Ive tried so far. Thanks.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Devinci are a well known and well thought of Canadian MTB Brand - you will find lots of reviews of their other bikes out there but reviews of the E-MTBS are thin on the ground.

Heres a review of an AC from one of our own members:

2018 Devinci AC nx/gx

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
I’m in a very similar situation as nickw1965 and also had the 2019 comp carbon Levo on my shortlist. That being said, I’m really starting to like the Devinci recommendations, particularly the DC due to the type of riding I do. I can barely find any reviews or information about the bike and until now had not heard of them at all. Being my first eMTB that concerns me a bit as I may well require support from either Devinci or the dealer and no where local to me stocks these. Can I ask the owners here to share their heights and what size bikes they went for please? Ive been really struggling with sizing on the different bikes Ive tried so far. Thanks.

I am 6'1" (and a bit) and went for a Large in the AC XT. The Large has almost the same reach as an XL Kenovo. That being said an XL prob would have been fine as well but it is already quite a long bike so I stuck with the large.

D

Deleted member 1275

Thanks all for the replies.

@Gary
This type: ‘..Devinci’s new DC is an ingenious all-arounder ready to tackle all trail types..’

The AC looks great and has a nice spec too but seems very DH focussed which will be wasted on me and my local trails.

They both look really good value for money, still a lot of actual cash but I like them.

Thanks for the review links, ill check them out. I might give Freeborn a call to check stock levels and if im able to demo one. They are about a 3 to 4 hour drive away but might be worth it.

Thanks for the height info. Im similar in height to @Interpaul (187cm) so a Large might work out but from what Ive tried to date I might need XL for the reach - gibbon arms!

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
I'm 6'1" and ride a XL meta power with a 481 reach. The Devinci AC in XL has a 485 reach. Their size chart looks spot on.

nickw1965

Patreon
Sep 26, 2018
Aldershot,Hampshire
I have never watched so many videos and read so many reviews trying to narrow my choice down.I thought I had it nailed down to 3 then I stumbled upon the Scott 700 tuned reviews.Slight downside is even though heavily discounted on the net,hard to lock down a large as all snapped up.

D

Deleted member 1275

I have never watched so many videos and read so many reviews trying to narrow my choice down.I thought I had it nailed down to 3 then I stumbled upon the Scott 700 tuned reviews.Slight downside is even though heavily discounted on the net,hard to lock down a large as all snapped up.

I feel your pain!! Ive got the exact same thing going on mate I get close to the right bike then can’t find the right size! ??

nickw1965

Patreon
Sep 26, 2018
Aldershot,Hampshire
Weekend is nearly here so getting closer to checking out some bikes.As I wrote previously the Scott E-Genius 700tuned definitely has my attention now.As yet I cannot find a bad review even though it will stretch the budget.
Don’t suppose we have anyone on the forum who currently rides one.

D

Deleted member 1275

@nickw1965 Have you considered the Mondraker range? There is a nearly new Crafty RR+ over in the classifieds section. If I wasn't being a bit risk averse due to the significant financial commitments of my first eMTB and consequently wanting a warranty and dealer support @E CRAFTYRR+ 's Large RR+ would have been ideal.

crazyethnic

Sep 26, 2018
Australia Victoria
Test ride everything you can get your hands on every one is different, sizing ride style you name it it's what suits you I have a 2018 levo I love it and have just ordered the 2019 levo expert you could be like one of us one of us one of us.

nickw1965

Patreon
Sep 26, 2018
Aldershot,Hampshire
Many thanks to all on advice and guidance.I am now the owner of my first e mtb and will be picking up bike this week.I went for the Scott e genius 700 tuned after I had the chance to see in the flesh.Have to admit I’m buzzing and can’t wait to take this bad boy out.Bought th e bike local from e bike store Farnham and was very pleased with the service,cheers Martin.
Swinley forest only 20 minutes drive and never ridden there before.Would be great If any local riders in the area fancy meeting up some time .Will search for local clubs.
Thanks again
Nick

coop69coop

Oct 11, 2018
Bristol
I have a Lapierre AM 527i 2018 , I got it for 3400 , it’s a great bike , very similar to the lappy your considering, same frame. Hard to beat the looks with any other ebike in my opinion, they look amazing in the flesh. However, if you want to join everyone else on a spesh then go for it , they are great bikes , but I prefer something a little different. The lappys are a little short though , mines a large , I’m 5 10, and it just about fits , I would consider trying the xl if I had my time again.

Ron

Patreon
Sep 27, 2018
Campbell, CA USA
Best advice is to go out and test ride what you are interested ind and follow your gut feeling - People tend to advice in the same direction as their own choices ?

I have a 2018 Levo and super happy about the bike.

Karsten
Good advice from Kirsten, get the EMTB that fits you best

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles