Newbie - Specialized Turbo Levo

SebSwain93

Mar 22, 2021
Selby
Hi all,

I'm new to the 'E'MTB scene and have recently bought a Specialized Turbo Levo.

Anyone used one of these? - Specialized Turbo Connect Display (TCD) | Specialized.com. Am I correct in saying this will be the best trip display for all my ride data?

Also, I've never had tubeless tyres before, heard this is the way forward? Read many reviews and vides and seems fairly straight forward, anything to be aware with?

Cheers, Seb.

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
hello Seb

Nothing to say on the Spesh.

Tubeless is great. can run at lower pressures which is great for grip without fear of pinch punctures. standard punctures are also less likely. The caveat is that if you have a big failure they are much harder to repair. you need to carry a spare tube in case of failure during a ride as they are nigh on impossible to repair on the trail-side. Even at home with a track pump it is difficult to get a tubeless set-up to re-seal.
I do recommend them (I have them on many bikes). Get yourself a puncture plug set (cheap and work well) for repairing med sized punctures without a tube, carry a spare tube for large punctures. But an Airblast reservoir (not so cheap but a game changer) to re-seat the tubeless tyres at home after repair or replacement. Oh and get high end tyre levers - the cheap ones break due to the tight fit of the tyre on the rim. I also bought and have had occasion to be thankful for a tyre bead seating tool (cheap and works well) - saves a lot of thumb skin.

Dod Colony

Sep 28, 2020
Scotland
Hi all,

I'm new to the 'E'MTB scene and have recently bought a Specialized Turbo Levo.

Anyone used one of these? - Specialized Turbo Connect Display (TCD) | Specialized.com. Am I correct in saying this will be the best trip display for all my ride data?

Also, I've never had tubeless tyres before, heard this is the way forward? Read many reviews and vides and seems fairly straight forward, anything to be aware with?

Cheers, Seb.

I've got the TCD and like it, nowhere near as snazzy as the 22 display but it connects wirelessly and displays all the info I want including battery life as a percentage.
I don't bother storing data but if you want to it's probably worth using the Specialized app as well. There are other better devices out there but they all look a bit bulky for my liking.

Re going tubeless, as mentioned above I also carry a tube and repair plugs. I've fitted tubeless on 4 bikes now and never had any trouble seating them just using a track pump, take the valve core out and pump like fxxx, they'll pop on. Last set I fitted were E Wilds, they didn't even pop!

Agree that good levers are essential, new tyres can be very tight. If you're keeping your existing tyres it'll be easier as they'll have stretched a bit.

Grip is improved and you can run lower pressures.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles