Newbie new bike

Haroldhare

Mar 11, 2023
Harrogate
Hi everyone, I’m new😂
Just ordered Specialized Levo alloy e-bike. I’m a regular rider of mtbs, but having moved to the edge of the Yorkshire dales I thought I may need a bit of assistance up hills. I’m 66yrs and do approx 90 miles a week. I have a couple of questions,
What is the general range of a bike, my motor is a 2.2 90 nm 565w, which means nothing to me.
Would I need an extender?
And finally can it be de restricted if I ever wanted to??
Cheers.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
If you are referring to the LEvo base model it has a 500w/h battery. The 565w refers to the max output of the motor which has a nominal rating of 250w ( the legal limit).
In terms of range, there are a number of factors that will determine how far you can ride on a single charge but a rough average max would be c 25 miles.

The factors that can either increase or decrease your range include:
type of tyres fitted (high protection and grip invariably means more weight and poorer rolling resistance)
tyre pressures ( lower tyre pressures usually means increased grip and compliance but more drag)
rider weight ( a heavier rider will likely experience more battery consumption all other things being equal)
power modes used ( Eco, trail boost .....the lowest support provides the greatest range but the least assistance)
trail conditions ( wet muddy creates more drag / hard pack and dry means less drag)
terrain...amount of climbing ( likely to need higher power modes so more battery use)
wind (especially head wind creates a lot of drag)
how you ride ( maintaining momentum v stop start)

Haroldhare

Mar 11, 2023
Harrogate
If you are referring to the LEvo base model it has a 500w/h battery. The 565w refers to the max output of the motor which has a nominal rating of 250w ( the legal limit).
In terms of range, there are a number of factors that will determine how far you can ride on a single charge but a rough average max would be c 25 miles.

The factors that can either increase or decrease your range include:
type of tyres fitted (high protection and grip invariably means more weight and poorer rolling resistance)
tyre pressures ( lower tyre pressures usually means increased grip and compliance but more drag)
rider weight ( a heavier rider will likely experience more battery consumption all other things being equal)
power modes used ( Eco, trail boost .....the lowest support provides the greatest range but the least assistance)
trail conditions ( wet muddy creates more drag / hard pack and dry means less drag)
terrain...amount of climbing ( likely to need higher power modes so more battery use)
wind (especially head wind creates a lot of drag)
how you ride ( maintaining momentum v stop start)
Thanks for your reply

Haroldhare

Mar 11, 2023
Harrogate
Air temperature too. Reduced range in winter vs summer. Batteries don't like cold temps.
👍. So if I’m used to doing 30 miles + on my regular mtb then I should expect to be able to double my distance on an emtb, am I correct in thinking that, the more I cycle myself the less power I use? 👍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles