Newbie from Surrey Hills

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Hi everyone. I'm just outside Dorking and currently ride a Whyte T129S but in the market for an EMTB and currently doing the all important research.
I generally ride in Redlands and across to Leith Hill with occasional longer jaunts across to Peaslake when I have time so hoping an upgrade will get me across there more often.

I also get across to the FOD for a week once a year and always take my bike with me when we go abroad in the motorhome so have also enjoyed riding in Germany, Austria, France etc

I've currently got a "long" short list including the Whyte E150RS, Oreba Wild FS, Cannondale Monterra 2, Focus Jam2 6.8.Nine and the Cube Sterio Hybrid so any help in narrowing it down further would be appreciated! I didn't think it would be so difficult. It might end up being down to availability of a test ride and stock

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
I live in Dorking and have a Levo, my nearby buddy has a Spectral:ON. We're both mediums. I ride Redlands and Leith a lot.

PM if you want to chat.

Ace Bicycles in Merrow carry Spesh, Whyte and Mondraker I think. Nirvana in Westcott do Cube and others.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I live in Dorking and have a Levo, my nearby buddy has a Spectral:ON. We're both mediums. I ride Redlands and Leith a lot.

PM if you want to chat.

Ace Bicycles in Merrow carry Spesh, Whyte and Mondraker I think. Nirvana in Westcott do Cube and others.
Toby ( ace) can get focus to !

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Balfes Bikes in Reigate (used to be Finch Cycles) have a demo White E-150 and you can ride straight out there door into Priory Park, which has some very small trails up the hill so easy enough to put a bike to a half decent test. I think they also have a demo Levo and Kenevo.

Sirwincealot

May 3, 2020
Surrey Hills, UK
Welcome, nice list of bikes to choose from! I recently got my Trek Rail from Heads for the Hills in Dorking and couldn't be happier. They're also really relaxed about you taking their demo Rail out for the day as well.

As already mentioned you've also got Nirvana Cycles in Westcott. I used to use them a fair bit when I lived in the village and got my previous Cube hardtail from them.

I think you'll be nicely surprised by how much more distance you'll be able to travel. I now live over in Cranleigh and can do a loop round Winterfold, Pitch Hill, Peaslake and Leith Hill in a couple of hours. Still hard work but much more fun :D

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles