New Wheels

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
Right so now is the time for some new wheels in regard what to get and spend still flexible and may also buy good used. I checked with similar threads and will most probably go DT Swiss due to previous experience and the little maintenance required, I was interested in the Hope products as well but from reports they certainly need more maintenance which is not great for me as not hands on. So looking for suggestions look forward to hearing from you all.

Require - 27.5 Boost Front & Rear

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
both me and Sam shagged the roval wheels that came on the Levo within a few rides.
gave up on straigtening them etc and bought a set of Hope Fortus 30's for both bikes.
I've had my rear on there for over a year and its still straight, the other 3 wheels in the fleet were replaced about 6 months ago and they are all still straight also.
thats with bikeparking and some fairly heavy handed trail riding.
not had to replace any bearings etc yet so all in all, a great wheel package for the money !
EDIT: I should mention that these were circa £400 a pair so a bargain but not the lightest in weight

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
I recently upgraded from DT EX1700's to ENVE AM30 with I9 1/1 hubs and Force spokes. Excellent wheels and a big improvement but not cheap circa £2k, you can do these out of the box so to speak at around £1500.

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
both me and Sam shagged the roval wheels that came on the Levo within a few rides.
gave up on straigtening them etc and bought a set of Hope Fortus 30's for both bikes.
I've had my rear on there for over a year and its still straight, the other 3 wheels in the fleet were replaced about 6 months ago and they are all still straight also.
thats with bikeparking and some fairly heavy handed trail riding.
not had to replace any bearings etc yet so all in all, a great wheel package for the money !
EDIT: I should mention that these were circa £400 a pair so a bargain but not the lightest in weight
I have an option on a barely used set 30 miles max from a Friend thanks your feedback certainly handy.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles