New updated EP8 Decoy released

range_anxiety

May 3, 2021
San Diego
Those of you that ordered a Decoy.. What is your estimated shipping date on your order receipt?

When I placed my order the estimated delivery date on the website was in October when I placed it.When I look at the actual order receipt in say by December 31st... 3 extra month delay?!?

RIngrey

Jan 16, 2021
England
Good news for those of us with older Decoys - just do a few upgrades and you are good to go. Good news for those who don't have a Decoy - you can now order one!

For comparisons sake, the Commencal Meta SX Signature has Shimano brakes, comes with a 630 battery, updated color display, Fox Transfer seatpost and costs $1200 less than the Core 4. But the Meta is 4lbs heavier due to the alu frame.

Thats the reason why i opted for the SX. The Decoy was my dream bike and I was hoping the latest EP8 would be accompanied by a minimum of a 625wh battery - disappointed.

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
I have a feeling we will still get a new Decoy soon.....Remember they did something very similar to the Capra a few months ago. They released a slightly updated older model to probably clear out old stock and then just released the new one that has a new rear triangle setup.....They called them the Core models as well....I am going to predict we will get a new Decoy with the updated Capra rear triangle and maybe the 700wt battery or go to shimano instead.....hopefully...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles