New Trek Rail.....

Laurencejbwalker

Nov 12, 2019
Ambleside
First ride, first puncture and first blood...

5F93185A-E52F-4B25-B92F-51AB3E8EB4CC.jpeg

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
Yup, go tubless! I did before riding out on my first trip. Everything to go tubelsess is included with your bike. Sweet bikes these Rails

Laurencejbwalker

Nov 12, 2019
Ambleside
I'm waiting for mine to arrive in the same colour. Can't wait. What do you think of the bike ?
It’s very good, geometry for me is quite aggressive but I’m 6’3”. Balance is good and the steering is very precise but watch for washing out in slippery tight corners. I’ve put one of my old SDG saddles on and changed the grips. I’ve ridden about 160k so far and a 41k round Windermere, which has about 1200ft of climb gave me an average of 130k range with the 625wh battery. The new motor is very smooth although I don’t have much to compare. Xt kit is fine and brakes are very good. Ride it for about 500km and take it in for a mini service or DIY.
I think my carbon Santa Cruz Bronson will stay indoors for the winter.
Good choice for the money. I paid just under £4K for mine.

themonkster

Sep 27, 2019
Manchester
Thanks for the info. How did you get it under 4K. I thought I did well getting 10% off the retail for a new bike where did you get yours ? My LBS offers a free service after 4 weeks or so. Can't wait. Hopefully it should land soon.

Laurencejbwalker

Nov 12, 2019
Ambleside
Thanks for the info. How did you get it under 4K. I thought I did well getting 10% off the retail for a new bike where did you get yours ? My LBS offers a free service after 4 weeks or so. Can't wait. Hopefully it should land soon.
I ordered the powerfly 2019 but they didn’t have it in stock so offered me the rail for £3995 which was more than I budgeted but a very good deal. Try blazing bikes....

themonkster

Sep 27, 2019
Manchester
I ordered the powerfly 2019 but they didn’t have it in stock so offered me the rail for £3995 which was more than I budgeted but a very good deal. Try blazing bikes....

They originally offered me the 10% off. I went to my LBS to see if they would match it, which they did. I'd sooner use my LBS as it's only a mile away if there's any issues. They're also a Bosch Service Centre. Well done on getting that deal.

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
It’s very good, geometry for me is quite aggressive but I’m 6’3”. Balance is good and the steering is very precise but watch for washing out in slippery tight corners. I’ve put one of my old SDG saddles on and changed the grips. I’ve ridden about 160k so far and a 41k round Windermere, which has about 1200ft of climb gave me an average of 130k range with the 625wh battery. The new motor is very smooth although I don’t have much to compare. Xt kit is fine and brakes are very good. Ride it for about 500km and take it in for a mini service or DIY.
I think my carbon Santa Cruz Bronson will stay indoors for the winter.
Good choice for the money. I paid just under £4K for mine.
I had to let my Bronson go, she became an ornament on the garage wall. 2017 Bronson tricked out in all the hope jewelleries you can imagine. Over £6k spend.....gone for £2100 booo. Have fun on the trek she’s a beau.

Standingwaves

Nov 24, 2018
USA
Wow. I do like the bike color. The Bontrager Team issue tyres don't do well in anything loose/slick. I switched to Maxxis Rekon+ and the difference was incredible. Excellent grip in all conditions.

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
I’m very happy going with the Rail. I on the other hand compared Levo S-Works with the Rail 9.9.

LBS was willing to offer a good deal on the Rail. Felt a bit more poppy and lively that the Levo. That could of course be down to better suspension setup/tuning to some extent.

Also wanted 12 speed and heard raving reviews of the AXS gears. Love em!

On my bike I don’t feel I need any suspension upgrades at this point. On the other hand it’s wet/muddy and winter. Meaning, not doing much fast gravity oriented riding right now. More technical trails and single track.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I’m very happy going with the Rail. I on the other hand compared Levo S-Works with the Rail 9.9.

LBS was willing to offer a good deal on the Rail.

I’m in the same situation... I’m near pulling the trigger on a 9.9 rather than a Levo S-Works or waiting for the Mondraker Crafty Carbon. The 9.9 is better equipped than the S-Works - the only downside being the naff looking Kiox display (I wish there was a way just to have a few LEDs with Bosch like Specialized do!)

What sort of deal should I be looking for? I have a few bike shops near by, but the one I know sells Trek is Evans. Can’t imagine them ordering me one in and giving me 10% off... or is that a normal thing?

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
What sort of deal should I be looking for? I have a few bike shops near by, but the one I know sells Trek is Evans. Can’t imagine them ordering me one in and giving me 10% off... or is that a normal thing?

Yeah, the Kiox isn’t something I use at all to be honest. Anyway, it’s seated on the top tube, so nothing to be bothered by. Might have been worth having it if it was programmable as the Specialized TCU.

Price. I got a crazy sweet deal. 10K €. That means 2K € shaved of the sticker price. Don’t think many shops will offer that deal. Yet again, compared to Specz, they fly out the dealers at sticker. Don’t offer much of a deal.

I’m based in Sweden though, not the UK.

If you pull the trigger on a Rail, keep a lookout on Problem Solvers website. Looks like they will be coming out with an adapter to clean-up the cockpit. Putting the SRAM controls on the Shimano brake mount. Gets a bit cleaner.

Hope you get a good deal!

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles