New to the fun, and confused where to ride - Pierce County WA (98391)

pacnwtexan

Jun 10, 2020
So I'm now the proud owner of an NCM Moscow Plus. First ebike and decided to go entry level hub drive (helped selling the idea to the wife), and fridge died next day so the $1k+ savings was helpful.

Now I'm confused where to go. When I use apps like Traillink, Trailforks, AllTrails etc, and filter trails by ebike allowed, the results are VERY thin. Do we have to stick to places that allow motor vehicles?

Are the limitations generally on dedicated MTB trails or should I be sensitive to even paved trails and parks?

Thanks in advance. Anyone else close to 98391?

Any help would be appreciated

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
Trailforks has it right, and you are correct, the results are very thin. That's just the state of things right now unfortunately, besides campaigning for more e-bike access the best you can do is drive a bit to get to some trails. On the upside, you are close(ish) to Randall, WA I think and there is some amazing singletrack in Gifford Pinchot National Forest, which is the best riding I know of in the area.

pacnwtexan

Jun 10, 2020
Trailforks has it right, and you are correct, the results are very thin. That's just the state of things right now unfortunately, besides campaigning for more e-bike access the best you can do is drive a bit to get to some trails. On the upside, you are close(ish) to Randall, WA I think and there is some amazing singletrack in Gifford Pinchot National Forest, which is the best riding I know of in the area.
I also understand Black Diamond is great.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles