New to the EMTB world......

Griggze

Sep 3, 2019
Kent
Hey peeps

I'm just about to enter the world of E-mtb, just trying to figure out which bike to get I'm loving the look of the new Propain Ekano obviuolsy it is a direct seller but I have a shimano service center 30mins away from me. My biggest worry is reliability as I shall be using it to commute to work and doing my daily loop I have probly done the wrong thing by trawling through the threads on here and seen numerous things having to replace motor and so on hence why I went off getting a turbo levo 2020 but my main question would be what has been peoples experience with shimano motors I would love to hear from you guys.

Thanks
Sam

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
All the motors are shit
I’ve done 6800km on Specialized Levo with no motor or battery issues. I’ve broken some Rock Shox forks however. Others have had problems with their Specialized Brose motor bikes. Does not matter the brand of motor, they have all had issues by someone somewhere at some stage. The Brose and spesh pretty much go hand and hand where something like Shimano are spread over a lot more manufactures. Anyway, they all have their problems. just get something you are happy with, and has good support from your lbs I case something goes wrong.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
All the motors are shit
I’ve done 6800km on Specialized Levo with no motor or battery issues
Well yours definitely isn't included in that classification.
I went off getting a turbo levo 2020
Out of all bikes, it's probably the one that stands out to me as the one that's best all round for all types of riding. Service through excellent dealers, tech that will evolve through customer volume and last but not least, if you're in the UK, it doesn't matter which one really because you have Performance Line Bearings.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles