Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
source.gif

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
E-Xc when there are no xc ebikes? Oh wait there’s a new motor around there better suited for that ...

Spe UCI dirty bussines exposed!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
When genuine fairness in competition is met. Don't see it happening at all tbh. Without that it's a gong show.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
When genuine fairness in competition is met. Don't see it happening at all tbh. Without that it's a gong show.
Totally agree except I'm optimistic that genuine fairness will become a reality. UCI vs FIM vs the market.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire

’Motor’sport has this issue yet motorsport exists. In my view it’s inevitable they’ll sort it out for an e-MTB championship.

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
What do you mean fairness?
What would you like to see them impliment?

No doubt there will be power and speed assist limits. These are all easily enforced - its done on lots of other sports.

Orbea QC

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
I personally don't think an eMTB XC championship will be interesting but it'll open the competition up to more people as eMTBs can be the great leveller.

Also and most importantly the more eMTB's become mainstream and featured in competitions the better right?! can only aid the development of bikes.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
What do you mean fairness?
ACTUAL regulated and enforced limits on torque and wattage and max assistance speed. Not 250w nominal assistance BS they're using just now.
As it is, you'd have to be a fucking idiot to compete and not to use the most powerful, highest torque motor available

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
This will be as fun as drone competition !!!
But not as fun as a good competition for fastest hand driller.

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
ACTUAL regulated and enforced limits on torque and wattage and max assistance speed. Not 250w nominal assistance BS they're using just now.
As it is, you'd have to be a fucking idiot to compete and not to use the most powerful, highest torque motor available

Exactly. Once the disparity in human competitors starts to level out, the best motor will win. The motor rules are so fuzzy right now that unless everyone is on the same bike it's basically an exhibition and not a race.

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Necro thread revival, with added Gary bonus boffing!

Today I got lured into watching a UCI video on WC Enduro practice in advance of this weekends race in Italy. They also made mention that the E Enduro race was going to get some coverage as well. Overall just a teaser to get the faithful to tune in.

The one thing that I found interesting though was in regards to what slowroller mentions above:

Once the disparity in human competitors starts to level out, the best motor will win. The motor rules are so fuzzy right now that unless everyone is on the same bike it's basically an exhibition and not a race.

During the preview they focused for a minute on some racer posing with a Haibike which I assumed to be his race bike. I noticed that his motor area looked kind of odd and it took me a few to realize that it was a first edition TQ motor that Haibike I thought had given up on?

Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 5.44.19 PM.png

Kind of illustrates how the above stated fuzziness of the motor rules are as that motor is not on a level playing field with the other brands due to it's power rating being able to be much higher. Doubtful the guy will win with it as it looks like a pig compared to the E race bikes of today.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles