New to forum from Herefordshire

Johngartyuk

Feb 14, 2020
Herefordshire
Hi all pleased to meet you!
I'm John from Herefordshire, I'm an engineer by trade and bought my Haibike Xduro/Nduro 8.0 just over a year ago, I bought it because my lifelong hobby of cycling seemed to be coming to an end due to shaky knees and general apathy. It wasn't long after getting it and doing some serious mileage before I became so enthused I let my wife have a go. We eventually got her a Cube Acid One and have had a brilliant year together rediscovering the lanes and tracks around here in rural Herefordshire. I think that the bike was the best thing I've ever bought, as it saved me from being a couch potato and it has also brought us together doing something that we love together.

If only we had a way to transport the bikes in our Seat Leon. A roof carrier would change the shape of the car ie squash it, and I can't be bothered with getting a towball fitted and buying an expensive rack. Just as well we seem to have everything we need rides-wise from our front door, including the Forest of Dean.

Anyway, great to meet you all, and I look forward to reading and maybe adding to your posts in future. In the meantime, lets hope Storm Dennis blows out so we right-thinking people can get out on our bikes again!

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Hi all pleased to meet you!
I'm John from Herefordshire, I'm an engineer by trade and bought my Haibike Xduro/Nduro 8.0 just over a year ago, I bought it because my lifelong hobby of cycling seemed to be coming to an end due to shaky knees and general apathy. It wasn't long after getting it and doing some serious mileage before I became so enthused I let my wife have a go. We eventually got her a Cube Acid One and have had a brilliant year together rediscovering the lanes and tracks around here in rural Herefordshire. I think that the bike was the best thing I've ever bought, as it saved me from being a couch potato and it has also brought us together doing something that we love together.

If only we had a way to transport the bikes in our Seat Leon. A roof carrier would change the shape of the car ie squash it, and I can't be bothered with getting a towball fitted and buying an expensive rack. Just as well we seem to have everything we need rides-wise from our front door, including the Forest of Dean.

Anyway, great to meet you all, and I look forward to reading and maybe adding to your posts in future. In the meantime, lets hope Storm Dennis blows out so we right-thinking people can get out on our bikes again!

Welcome aboard the forum!
We have exactly the same issue. 2 Cube hardtails and figuring out a way to transport them in back of car.
Our solution is to whip off all the wheels, pedals and seat posts and lay frames on top of each other with duvet between them. Surprising how small they become with all that lot removed.
Last weekend it was raining all day so I decided to watch a few videos from EMBN and practised taking the back wheel off and on. Now got it down to a few seconds.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles