Hi from Wigan new to the forum

Degsy

Subscriber
Feb 7, 2024
Wigan
Hi everyone
Just treated myself to a new Whyte E160 RSX for my 70th birthday. I have been riding for many years but struggled after a Knee replacement. Bought a Haibike EMTB some 5 years ago and have never looked back. Off up to Aviemore for a week in May, but my usual haunts are the Lakes and Yorkshire Dales.
Cheers Degsy

Degsy

Subscriber
Feb 7, 2024
Wigan
Hi Mate, yep Aviemore is in North East Scotland in the Cairngirm National Park. Its about a 5 to 6 hour drive from Lancashire. Lots of great riding there. I generally average around the 30 to 35 mile average around the Lakes or Dales.
I ride a Whyte E160 RSX.
Safe riding oal

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Hi Degsy ..welcome to the forum
May must be the month for heading further north ..eight of us from the North East ( Northumberland) heading for Torridon on the 10th for four nights ( my 4th visit to the area going back to 2012 ) ..such an iconic place to ride as are the Cairngorms ..love Aviemore & Ballater as mtb hubs ..but I've never ridden either area on an ebike ..so looking forward to a different experience
Congratulations on your choice of bike..three of our number ride Whyte's..brilliant bikes !👌

Degsy

Subscriber
Feb 7, 2024
Wigan
Hiya mate just boarding a flight to Tenerife so no reply until tomorrow
Cheers

Degsy

Subscriber
Feb 7, 2024
Wigan
Hi Degsy ..welcome to the forum
May must be the month for heading further north ..eight of us from the North East ( Northumberland) heading for Torridon on the 10th for four nights ( my 4th visit to the area going back to 2012 ) ..such an iconic place to ride as are the Cairngorms ..love Aviemore & Ballater as mtb hubs ..but I've never ridden either area on an ebike ..so looking forward to a different experience
Congratulations on your choice of bike..three of our number ride Whyte's..brilliant bikes !👌
Hi mate, yep May and September are good months for decent weather in Scotland. Torridon is a special place I have done a lot of winter mountaineering around there as well as biking. Made up with the Whyte bike it rides like a dream. Just sat on a coach in Teneriffe waiting for a transfer.

Degsy

Subscriber
Feb 7, 2024
Wigan
Hi mate just reading your response how do you plan such a trip ? Routes and hub locations
Hi Mate, I have been going upto Scotland walking, climbing, and biking for over 50 years now so I have a bunch of places that I stay at and I book them months in advance. Booking.com are good I'd you are new too the area but places book up quickly. Regarding the Aviemore area you will find that Newtonmore and Kingussie are slightly cheaper places to stay and they are near to Aviemore. Ballater is a great hub if you are on the opposite side of the Cairngorms. As for routes well I have a load of favourites, but I find Komoot very good if you don't know an area. Good luck pal and safe riding

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles