New ridecontrol app update 1.5.0.8 continuous loop update!!!

dee6567

Oct 25, 2020
Uk
Need help
I have a Explore E+2 2020 and I have a Galaxy S20 + ultra and if you look at the image the bike connects but the bike number has changed with a couple of question marks. Bike records nothing. If I connect to my IPhone it connects and records with no problem...tried different Android phones with same results. Tried older ride control apps with same results.

Screenshot_20210615-184427_RideControl.jpg

Kingerz

Jul 11, 2021
Australia
Yes, I have a similar problem, along with many hundreds at the Google Play Store rating Giant one star, the app demands to be updated in order to connect, and then goes into a loop of failing to update and demanding to update.
It is a very bad look for Giant, considering the prices and expectant owners.
I come from a Kenevo and the Specialized app works so well.
There was also nothing in the Giant literature about there even being an app, and the dealer didn't mention or demonstrate it, which I think they should. I just luckily knew becuse I had another bike brand before.
I have contacted my dealer in Australia and he didn't know about the issue. It has been complained about on Playstore for ages, though.
The fix for now (workaround) is to turn OFF your phone's mobile data and internet connection. Forget about the update. Leave Bluetooth on. It then will connect to the bike and let you see the battery %, tuning settings etc.
Hopefully Giant will see some of this feedback and get it fixed.

Screenshot_20210706-165906 (1).png

Last edited:

EbikeSte

Jul 30, 2021
UK
Sorry for jumping on the thread but I've just gone to update mine today and now the bike won't even turn on! The app required an update I clicked yes and was loading, disconnected and then nothing now my bike won't turn on anyone else had this issue?

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Sorry for jumping on the thread but I've just gone to update mine today and now the bike won't even turn on! The app required an update I clicked yes and was loading, disconnected and then nothing now my bike won't turn on anyone else had this issue?
Shut down (kill) the app, maybe restart the phone, remove battery. Reconnect everything back with charger on, retry starting the bike without the app & phone.. ?

Herder000

Oct 31, 2019
UK
Nope nothing, looks like ita gotta go in which means a week or 2 with no bike!
Mine did that once, failed to update then bike wouldn’t even turn on afterwards. I took the battery out for about 6 hours, then when I put it back in it turned on ok. I’ve now disabled updates on my phone now as I don’t trust the app to update (or even use it anymore other than find out battery level).
Good luck, hope it resolves itself.

EbikeSte

Jul 30, 2021
UK
Mine did that once, failed to update then bike wouldn’t even turn on afterwards. I took the battery out for about 6 hours, then when I put it back in it turned on ok. I’ve now disabled updates on my phone now as I don’t trust the app to update (or even use it anymore other than find out battery level).
Good luck, hope it resolves itself.
Nope still hasn't worked thanks anyway it's getting picked up Monday so hopefully be resolved ASAP

Snoopy_VD

Aug 10, 2021
Quebec, Canada
I have a Giant 2021 explore e+1 pro GTS with ride dash evo . After updating system with Ride Control app, my Evo does not lit anymore . All I have is a dark screen . What a mess....I lost all access to any data like speed distance etc etc. Did the same thing happen to anyone?
Is there a way to reset my Ride Control, I think that where the problem comes from .

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
I have a Giant 2021 explore e+1 pro GTS with ride dash evo . After updating system with Ride Control app, my Evo does not lit anymore . All I have is a dark screen . What a mess....I lost all access to any data like speed distance etc etc. Did the same thing happen to anyone?
Is there a way to reset my Ride Control, I think that where the problem comes from .
I'd definitely go to the store you bought from. Pretty sure they'll fix/replace it.

anfos

May 1, 2021
Greece
Hi, just wanted to mention that I have successfully updated the Ride Control unit on a Giant Stance E+2 2021 to the new version (4-4) on Android 11. Not sure what Giant tweaks with these updates as there is no log though.

Screenshot_2021-08-14-12-27-42-275_com.GiantGroup.app.RideControl2.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles