New ridecontrol app update 1.5.0.8 continuous loop update!!!

Herder000

Oct 31, 2019
UK
New ridecontrol app today update 1.5.0.8 and its stuck in a loop when updating. I have seen on other forum that other have the same problems

not good at all Giant!!!!

I have the same thing this morning. I’ll let you know if I manage to resolve it later. Am going for a ride in the glorious sunshine here now anyway.

Herder000

Oct 31, 2019
UK
Mine is a 2019 trance Pro 2. I couldn’t get it to update after about 5 attempts so I downloaded and installed the previous v1.4.0.6 apk. I turned off auto-update and it’s working fine now. Not ideal, I don’t like downloading apk’s off the internet like that but I’ve only given it location and Bluetooth permissions.

JaRi

Mar 8, 2021
Austria
I have the same problem with my trance e+ 1 2020. very annoying. I hope they come up with a working update soon....

peterk

Jan 11, 2020
Canada
Same problem on my Stance-e. It shows the bike's serial number, recognizes that it needs an update, and when I click on Update, nothing happens. My phone's (Android) settings claims the bike is not paired to the phone (I don't remember having to pair it with the old app). I have:

1) reinstalled app
2) rebooted phone
3) turned bike on/off/on
4) removed bike battery and reinstalled.

Last edited:

Yetibos

Jan 28, 2020
Spain
That's what it looks like.

Anybody with the new architecture- ride control ergo and smart gateway- having software troubles other than battery chargers?

yes, after loop issue, update by LBS and succesfully my trance x 2021 get the latest firmware version

peterk

Jan 11, 2020
Canada
After version 1.5.0 didn't work on my Canadian 2020 Stance-e, I revisited the Playstore and see that it has been pulled and replaced with version 1.4.0. It worked. I was able to update the bike and the app seems to work as planned in terms of setting the assist level at least. I haven't tried either walk assist or automatic modes. It does display the total km (1298) on the bike as well as battery health (98%) and number of charges (30).

Update: walk assist works, auto mode works but is the same overpowered assist as before. Weirdly, when I turn on the bike now, the middle light on the RideContolOne controller, indicating the bike's lights are on (it has no lights), is on.

Last edited:

DBowie 74

Apr 30, 2021
Norway
I have a Giant 2021 explore e+1 pro GTS with ride dash evo and notification and navigation don't work. I have screenshots of how the app is supposed to look, and screenshots of how my app looks. I updated to the latest firmware and to app version 1.5.0 yesterday. But still the same. Does anybody know if this will be resolved soon? The first screenshot is taken from play store where I download the app, and they say that notification and navigation is working. Very irritating for such a expensive bike that it is not working! My app looks like the older one!
I am from Norway by the way. Can that have anything to do with the problem? This is how it should look like!.jpg This is screenshots from my ride control app With latest update 1.jpg This is screenshots from my ride control app With latest update 2.jpg At the bottom you can see I have app version 1.5.0.jpg This is screenshots from my ride control app With latest update 3.jpg

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Installed iOS app version 1.5.0
Did the recommended firmware update on my 2020 Trance E+2
No Problem ?

I've done the same for my wife's (non-mtb) Giant-Momentum 2021 Transend E+ without any issues either.
? ?

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
App version 1.6.0 now available for download on iOS...
Anyone tried it? Does it create issues?
Thanks

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 8.45.19 AM.png

I updated to 1.6.0 and decided to use the Ride function today on the Ride Control app, instead of my trusted Komoot to record my ride on my 2020 Trance E + 1 Pro.
OK for the first hour but when I went up the steepest hill I upped the assist from Auto to level 4. Immediately the white light in the centre of the Control flashed red and the motor stopped assisting. I stopped the bike and tried to turn control off but it wasn't responding. I always carry a battery key so I removed the battery and replaced it and started the bike again. I then turned off the ride control app and went back to Komoot.
45 minutes later I was home with no further problems. All the controls worked including changing from Auto to 4 and 5 and down to 1,2 & 3. I won't be using Ride Control app again!

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S20

Last edited:

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
I updated to 1.6.0 and decided to use the Ride function today on the Ride Control app, instead of my trusted Komoot to record my ride on my 2020 Trance E + 1 Pro.
OK for the first hour but when I went up the steepest hill I upped the assist from Auto to level 4. Immediately the white light in the centre of the Control flashed red and the motor stopped assisting. I stopped the bike and tried to turn control off but it wasn't responding. I always carry a battery key so I removed the battery and replaced it and started the bike again. I then turned off the ride control app and went back to Komoot.
45 minutes later I was home with no further problems. All the controls worked including changing from Auto to 4 and 5 and down to 1,2 & 3. I won't be using Ride Control app again!
Thanks for your experience. This is scary and speaks to the absence of QA & Testing for that app.
It looks like the app developers are living in a world without access to bikes?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles