New member from North Yorks - Mondraker Level R 2021

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Hi Everyone,

Just popping in to say Hello.

After putting it off for the last year I've gone and bought my first Ebike - A 2021 Mondraker Level R (XL) in yellow/blue.
My other bike is a Santa Cruz Nomad 4.

I took the plunge because my riding buddies were lapping me on every climb and it was getting pretty tiring...
We also do a fair bit of uplifting and being able to ride back up all day sold it for me!

I originally ordered a 2020 Kenevo Expert but was told after purchase it was out of stock until December this year, so went for the Mondy.
I didn't have chance to test the bike so it was a bit of a nervous wait for it to arrive and hope that it fits.
Luckily the bike feels perfect size wise. I've not really ridden a 29" bike much but after the first few rides I'm not sure I will go back to 27.5" in the future.

The bike:
First impressions are it's rediculously heavy (27.1kg in XL), but as soon as I hop on the bike that weight is forgotten about.
I really can't believe how solid this thing feels pointing it downhill. It's like a DH rig in that it will plough through everything without much thought of line choice.
It handles jumps and drops with ease and stops surprisingly well for it's weight (220mm disc on the front probably helps).
I'm only 5 rides in so far but it feels like I'm hitting the same trails I ride on my Nomad with much more confidence to hold the speed through corners and the rough stuff.
It has a Bosch gen 4 motor which feels great - I generally just leave it in 'emtb' setting for everything.
I've bought a spare battery for longer days - and another battery cover to make swapping the battery a quick job.

Things I don't like:
- The kiox display and buttons - These are too big and clunky - I've bought a stem mount for it so its not out front, but would rather not have any display at all. I prefer the Specialized power button and battery gauge on the frame itself. I'm sure I will have a crash at some point and have to replace it...
- No chain guide - Especially after I dropped it behind the chainring yesterday and it's taken a bit of a chunk out the motor cover where a cable exits. I've seen a thread on here where somebody has managed to get a one up top guide to work so will look into this.

Otherwise the bike is a weapon and I can't believe I didn't buy one sooner :)

Anyway that's it for now. I'll post a photo when I've figured out how!

Cheers

Last edited:

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Here's a pic from Wharncliffe in Sheffield

Mondraker.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles