New member from North Yorks

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
Hi
I'm Rob. I've just this week bought my first eMTB, a Specialized Turbo Levo FSR. I started mountain biking in 1987 in the South East of UK, but ironically pretty much stopped when I moved to North Yorks. IN that time gained a lot of weight and lost a lot of fitness. I never thought I'd ride properly again until I tried an ebike, and now here we are.

Lst Sunday ,went for a 1 hour ride at Sutton Bank and it was just like old times. Amazing.

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
You all know what they look like but here it is.
Spec Turbo Levo 01.jpg

MinusPrevious

Sep 5, 2019
So.Cal
Alright Rob. Way to go!

Your story is similar to many of ours. I too just starting riding again after a 7 year layoff. Have lost a few KG's & have regained more muscle mass in my legs

Bike looks great!

Joe :coffee:

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
Hi Rob I live at the bottom of Sutton bank and go up most weekends or to Kilburn woods, not been mountain biking for long but if you ever need a partner send us a msg, nice bike by the way
TItch
I just looked at that on Trailforks last night. I didn't know it was even there. I'll certainly give it a go when I've ridden a bit more, and its dryer. Having had such a long lay-off, its all very new now, e-bike, mobile apps that track my ride in dense woodland, all that sort of thing.
I've been a bit of a retrobiker since. I cleaned up my old P7 and since my 50th, I've done a full restoration on a San Andreas. I think it was the realisation that I'd created this "awesome" DH bike, but I was too unfit to get it anywhere to ride it properly. (its nowhere near as nice to ride as the Turbo Levo though)
If it's dry tomorrow, I might try Sutton Bank again.

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
It’s a shame these groups are all based on Facebook for those of us that eschew it due to their political/privacy problems (n)
Aha, I have a "shill" account that gives no actual info about me. Purely for joining such things though it does immediately make me look like some sort of crawlbot.

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
Aha, I have a "shill" account that gives no actual info about me. Purely for joining such things though it does immediately make me look like some sort of crawlbot.
I had an account for 12 years and deleted it a couple of months ago. Best thing I’ve done for a while to be honest. No more slot machine style pulling and notifications throughout the day :cool:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles