New long ebike podcast

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Hey, Rob. It's me, the other Rob, the good one.
It's nearly midnight, so I'm not gonna listen to you guys for an hour, but I'll give you ten minutes. I ride in the wilderness, not commuting, not shopping, not bridle trails. I've been rockin' my latest bike for three months. Before I bought it, I was looking at a bike with 180/180. What steered me away was the difficult handling on tight, technical terrain. Instead, I chose a bike with 148/160. It carves better than any bike I've ever had, and it likes to jump far beyond my skill level. I wouldn't be able to utilize the capabilities of the 180/180, and it would detract from the things I'm good at. I'll concede that I have homies who ride long travel bikes better than me on any sort of trail. Thats' probably why you wouldn't want to fly my first class to England to be a guest star on your podcast. But if you do, I'll tell you 148/160.

I'm looking forward to listening to more of your podcast.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Handy. This should help me make my mind up on that 170mm air spring upgrade I'm mulling over.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Glad it's on YouTube, never understood any of the other podcast formats. I like watching stuff via the telly.
I have however recently learnt I can say to my Alexa "play the ride companion podcacast" to hear Olly and Davi's podcast. Pure magic!

I tried with this one but no luck.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Glad it's on YouTube, never understood any of the other podcast formats. I like watching stuff via the telly.
I have however recently learnt I can say to my Alexa "play the ride companion podcacast" to hear Olly and Davi's podcast. Pure magic!

I tried with this one but no luck.
Oh god no, I used to be an avid listener when it was actually about bikes, then I found them talking rubbish and I was getting stupider by the second.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Oh god no, I used to be an avid listener when it was actually about bikes, then I found them talking rubbish and I was getting stupider by the second.
😂Davi, he's a bit out there to say the least. I finally gave up onTRC when he went off on how the best way to clear one's bowels was to squat on the loo seat & anyway, let's give Rob's a go shall we?

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Listened to the first one. If you want some constructive criticism, Adam likes to talk, It's on the nose from a technical knowledge pov, clearly a breadth of experience on show covering most bases an audience would want to hear about. Adam likes to talk.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I held off watching this via the link to watch it when it appeared in my normal youtube feed.

Weirdly, despite being long format (Which I think youtube is trying to push more ?) and always watching the Rob rides videos, it never appeared so I eventually watched via the link.

Guess Youtube is doing something weird as usual with it's algorithm's, but it won't help your views if it's not appearing - even for regular viewers.

ari

Mar 1, 2024
Australia
I was just looking at the "bike exchange" site , and there are over 50 emtb brands, they then have their models , and over 20 different motor manufacturers , that has to be unsustainable ?

Last edited:

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
Watched it last night, brilliant setup, no faff and straight-talking all things about what we love. Nice to see Adam, dunno if he is no longer with EMTB, regardless, always great to see him. Looking forward to future episodes and maybe looking at different weekly themes such as gear and components also. Best wishes with the podcast Rob.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles