Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
We now have Apple IOS app for Levociraptor:

fraatti

Jun 1, 2020
Finland
Hi,
I am asking few questions about L gen 3 settings. What is correct wheel size for gen 2 bike(29")? 2300mm?

There is settings "Biker power from levocirator" and "Set assistance from L gen 3". What is the purpose for these two?
Is L. gen modifying assistance levels somehow? I am not sure but sometimes when I start pedaling motor feels really powerful and I am not sure is it reacting to bikers pedalling torque just like it should. When I stop for a second and start pedaling again there is much less power.

If it is not changing assistance any way then I must be wrong. :unsure:

ps. crash sensor sensitivity is really sensitive and I cannot adjust it at all.
@PaoloBLEvo

1687767327671.png

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi,
I am asking few questions about L gen 3 settings. What is correct wheel size for gen 2 bike(29")? 2300mm?

29" should be 2300mm, 27.5" should be 2255mm or 2160mm. It depends from the tire type.

There is settings "Biker power from levocirator" and "Set assistance from L gen 3". What is the purpose for these two?

With this option you can use BLEvo to adjust the assistance percentage, like is done with the Smart Power functionality.

Is L. gen modifying assistance levels somehow? I am not sure but sometimes when I start pedaling motor feels really powerful and I am not sure is it reacting to bikers pedalling torque just like it should. When I stop for a second and start pedaling again there is much less power.

If it is not changing assistance any way then I must be wrong. :unsure:

Maybe you have the Smart Power activated.
Try to disable or configure it better.
This option works only if BLEvo is running

ps. crash sensor sensitivity is really sensitive and I cannot adjust it at all.

The crash sensor should be calibrated with the bike in the ride position. This is done automatically when you press the start ride button.
Before move the bike to ground, please wait the message (on the screen or via voice) to notify you about the disabilitation of the crash sensor. The voice message is new from the version 3.12.5

fraatti

Jun 1, 2020
Finland
29" should be 2300mm, 27.5" should be 2255mm or 2160mm. It depends from the tire type.
Thank you for your reply.

Maybe tire dimension could read also in these boxes, then user will instantly know correct setting?

Ok, I changed wheel size from 2255 to 2300mm. And also changed speed limit and also played with these two assistance/power related settings. Then I noticed few days later that mileage has resetted. Now it is showing around 40km and it was before near 4000km. Could these things relate to each other?

Yesterday.
1688114461726.png

2.6.2023 it was like this.
1688114729140.png

With this option you can use BLEvo to adjust the assistance percentage, like is done with the Smart Power functionality.

There is two checkboxes. Did I understand correctly that "Set assistance from L gen 3" makes possible that Levociraptor is able to change assistance based HR? When Smart Power is not activated, it doesn´t do anything else and assistance level is calculated inside engine based to torque, cadence and other assistance settings? If I don´t use smart power, I can disable it and it won´t affect anything?

How about "Biker power from levociraptor", is it picking up power from motor and forwarding it to ANT+ devices or what is the meaning of this setting ? If I disable that what happens or is not happening?

I use Blevo with every ride and I have smart power disabled.

The crash sensor should be calibrated with the bike in the ride position. This is done automatically when you press the start ride button.
Before move the bike to ground, please wait the message (on the screen or via voice) to notify you about the disabilitation of the crash sensor. The voice message is new from the version 3.12.5
Ok, I haven´t notice that. I have to check that on next trip. I think I have laid my bike down so fast that it will trigger that message almost every time. Do you remember how long is that delay to disable crash sensor?

edit. I found when km reading screwed up from logs. I was riding around 20km/h at that time and that just happened in the middle of the ride. :unsure:
1688124447659.png

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thank you for your reply.

Maybe tire dimension could read also in these boxes, then user will instantly know correct setting?

Ok, I changed wheel size from 2255 to 2300mm. And also changed speed limit and also played with these two assistance/power related settings. Then I noticed few days later that mileage has resetted. Now it is showing around 40km and it was before near 4000km. Could these things relate to each other?

Yesterday.
View attachment 119150
2.6.2023 it was like this.
View attachment 119151

I checked with the Levociraptor Team and when the km are over about 4000km, the value is reset to zero.
There will be a new release of Levociraptor firmware that will solve the issue.
Thanks for the notification

There is two checkboxes. Did I understand correctly that "Set assistance from L gen 3" makes possible that Levociraptor is able to change assistance based HR? When Smart Power is not activated, it doesn´t do anything else and assistance level is calculated inside engine based to torque, cadence and other assistance settings? If I don´t use smart power, I can disable it and it won´t affect anything?

This option is used for Smart Power and/or Smart HR and/or when you want to select the assistance percentage from BLEvo. Also manual percentage. For example in the Bike Monitor (or with the remote control for BLEvo) you can change the assistance percentage.

How about "Biker power from levociraptor", is it picking up power from motor and forwarding it to ANT+ devices or what is the meaning of this setting ? If I disable that what happens or is not happening?

This is to get the biker power from the Levociraptor and not from TCU Bluetooth. With this BLEvo can read the information faster and the reaction of the Smart Power is faster.

I use Blevo with every ride and I have smart power disabled.

Ok, I haven´t notice that. I have to check that on next trip. I think I have laid my bike down so fast that it will trigger that message almost every time. Do you remember how long is that delay to disable crash sensor?

The bike should be stopped for 2 seconds.
Now, in the BLEvo Android version, I added the audio messagge to know when you can laid the bike down.

edit. I found when km reading screwed up from logs. I was riding around 20km/h at that time and that just happened in the middle of the ride. :unsure:
View attachment 119169

Thanks for the notification.
Paolo.

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
Hi Paolo, some days ago a notice a new firmware, can you explain what is improved ?
Or tell us what bugs have been fixed ?
Since I updated, the annoying problem of altered minimum speed in Garmin has recurred. What do you recommend to do ? A complete reset after the updates ?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo, some days ago a notice a new firmware, can you explain what is improved ?
Or tell us what bugs have been fixed ?
Since I updated, the annoying problem of altered minimum speed in Garmin has recurred. What do you recommend to do ? A complete reset after the updates ?
With the new Firmware 3.1 the Levociraptor Team solves the issue notified by @fraatti .
When the KM of the bike are over 4000km, the km are notified in the CSV are correct.
I don't understand your issue about "altered minimum speed".
Could you explain better and send an email to [email protected] ?
Thanks.

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
Hi Paul, you may not remember but we wrote to each other as soon as I bought the device. The problem is that on the Garmin, the speed appears altered. Depending on the circumference set, as soon as you start the speed is expressed with a value that then remains constant until you pass. In my case, with a 2275 mm wheel, the speed appears to be 27.3. The mastermind indicates everything correctly.
I have done countless tests. Some times the problem does not show up, but I cannot replicate how to do it.
I have been riding for several months without a speed and cadence sensor, to get the Garmin to take the speed from the gps system. Now, with this new update, I have put everything back on but I see that the defect persists. I so hope you can figure out how this happens. And I always remain available should you need to do any testing

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paul, you may not remember but we wrote to each other as soon as I bought the device. The problem is that on the Garmin, the speed appears altered. Depending on the circumference set, as soon as you start the speed is expressed with a value that then remains constant until you pass. In my case, with a 2275 mm wheel, the speed appears to be 27.3. The mastermind indicates everything correctly.
I have done countless tests. Some times the problem does not show up, but I cannot replicate how to do it.
I have been riding for several months without a speed and cadence sensor, to get the Garmin to take the speed from the gps system. Now, with this new update, I have put everything back on but I see that the defect persists. I so hope you can figure out how this happens. And I always remain available should you need to do any testing
Ok, now I remember.. So the issue is only on Garmin device.
I don't remember the model of your Garmin, but my watch (Fenix 6) has the automatic calibration of the speed/cadence sensor, and it give the correct speed and distance.. I don't know if always your Garmin has this automatica calibration (I think it calibrate the speed sensor in function of the GPS speed)...

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Does the Gen 3 Levociraptor work with the new 2023 Levo SL? It's not entirely clear to me from the product site. Thanks!
It derestricts but full calibration for SL2 firmware will come with firmware update once developed.

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
Thanks for the fast reply. I know this is not the Blevo thread but does the new SL with Velociraptor then work with Blevo for Smart Power?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thanks for the fast reply. I know this is not the Blevo thread but does the new SL with Velociraptor then work with Blevo for Smart Power?
Yes, the Smart Power works on the SL2 motor. Only the speed value is not displayed correctly. You should use GPS data.

EmtbChar

Apr 22, 2023
West Sacramento, CA USA
Just installed the gen3 on my gen 3 non-mastermind tcu. No plans to get the blevo app. Used levociraptor app to adjust wheel size to 2300 and max speed. I don’t feel any extra assist past the normal restricted 20mph. Am I missing an on/off switch somewhere? Do I need to ride in a certain mode? I was in trail. Didn’t think to try turbo. Was hoping to have it on all the time…

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Just installed the gen3 on my gen 3 non-mastermind tcu. No plans to get the blevo app. Used levociraptor app to adjust wheel size to 2300 and max speed. I don’t feel any extra assist past the normal restricted 20mph. Am I missing an on/off switch somewhere? Do I need to ride in a certain mode? I was in trail. Didn’t think to try turbo. Was hoping to have it on all the time…
Please screenshot your settings in the app and email to [email protected] so we can see firmware etc
I suspect you have mirrored the stock settings so it will not go faster than standard. Reset the levociraptor and test ride.

fred9000

Dec 7, 2023
canada
i do not have a electric mtb but i have a turbo vado sl 4.0 (july 2023) with Specialized SL 1.1 motor , wandering if the gen 3 are going or are support this model and where i look in the spec of my bike to know

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles