New here from Belgium

Dingo78

Jan 5, 2021
Belgium - Antwerp
Hi everybody,

I'm 42 years old and located near Antwerp in Belgium. I started riding mountainbikes when i was 34 years old and have been riding several bikes since i stared. My first two mountainbikes where both low to medium budget Cube hardtails with 100mm travel. I didn't really upgrade them and used them mostly for cross country riding on the local xc trails. I had also tried doing some more challenging trips to the Ardennes, but honestly my fitness level was not ready for that :D

In 2018 I wanted to buy an E-bike to start going to work with. But i also wanted a mountainbike. So i bought a black Cube Reaction hybrid pro 500 with an extra "road style" wheelset from Mavic. This enabled me to use the narrower "road style" wheelset for commuting and slap on the MTB wheelset when doing some trails.

It worked out perfect and since i'm not the fittest rider, the assist on the E-mtb opened up alot more terrain for me. I started doing more regular trips to the Ardennes and some bike-packing. This is how i discovered that i quite like the fast descending and flowing trails!

I since then upgraded my bike quite a bit to fit that style of riding. With these upgrades came the desire to do my own maintenance and develop my mechanic skills :cool:

Future wise, i think i'll be buying a full suspension towards the end of this year or beginning of next year.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles