New headset

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
Hey fellow Levo riders, have any of you replaced the stuck headset yet? If so do you have a recommendation for British weather. Looks like mine has started to seize up.

Joss

I haven't got an answer but am interested in doing the same thing. Trouble is I don't know the spec of the existing headset - do you have this info?
I was looking at Hope or maybe a Works Components angle-adjust headset. Or maybe a reach-adjust if available.

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
I haven't got an answer but am interested in doing the same thing. Trouble is I don't know the spec of the existing headset - do you have this info?
I was looking at Hope or maybe a Works Components angle-adjust headset. Or maybe a reach-adjust if available.
I don’t know the specs yet, but I may tomorrow.

YrianX

Patreon
Sep 14, 2019
Norway
I was looking at this earlier for my S-works build until I was told the frame will come with the headset.

Might help you:

It Uses a 1-1/8" (41.8mm x 30.5 x 8mm, 45x45°) Campagnolo Standard compatible upper bearing and a 1.5" (52mm x 40 x 7mm, 45x45°) lower bearing

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
There are no headset cups, the head tube is machined to accept the bearings. I found quite a bit of dirt had got onto the bearings, although they are still nice and smooth. I have some blue water resistant grease which I shall smear on them and then regular checks.

krisrayner

May 20, 2019
California
I recently replaced the one in my ‘08 Levo with a Cane Creek unit. CC don’t list a Levo in the headset finder so I went with a Stumpjumper of the same year. All the bearings fit properly but here was a clearance issue with the top bearing cap, the head tube was too tall and it hit the top cap before it would preload the bearing. I made it work by finding a this stem spacer and putting it between the top cap and the tapered spacer for the bearing. Doable but an unexpected pain.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
There are no headset cups, the head tube is machined to accept the bearings. I found quite a bit of dirt had got onto the bearings, although they are still nice and smooth. I have some blue water resistant grease which I shall smear on them and then regular checks.
I'm talking 2020 Levo, my point is that, much as I'd like to, I cannot fit a Hope (other headsets are available), just change the bearings.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles