New guy from San Diego, CA.

Dirtrider

Jan 18, 2020
San Diego
Hey all!
New to the e Bikes and trying to make that hard decision on what to buy. I'm a Pivot fanboy and currently pedal a Mach 429T so the Pivot Shuttle is on my short list.
Looking at a couple models of Spec Levo, Norco VLT1, and the Pivot Shuttle. They all have their good points but hard to have it all in one bike.
I absolutely love the Shuttle but the 500W battery might be too small during the ride. If it had one around 650-700 I wouldn't be writing this but out riding :cool:.
Not a big fan of Sram brakes and Rockshox but prefer Fox Suspension and Shimano drive train so it seems I can't have it all looking at the different models. Looking forward to any feedback you can give. Great site !

Ride safe
Dirtrider

mtbchris

Dec 2, 2019
San Diego, CA
Welcome! Im in the San Diego area as well. Just bought a 2020 Turbo Levo Comp in December and I've already upgraded the brakes and suspension. Depending on your budget, the Levo Comp is ok out of the box but if you like riding stuff like Teds or ATT then you'd have to consider upgrading at one point. Just my .02 cents. That 700w battery tho!

Mike C

Jan 23, 2020
Ramona, CA
I'm another newbie in San Diego. Purchased a 2019 Turbo Levo Comp discounted from Black Mountain Bicycles and am very happy with it. I road tested the Trance at Cal Coast but went for the quiet shifting and motor of the Levo. I've had 29ers too and the Levo handles like I would expect it to. Still have an Ibis HD3 occasional rides and for National Forest riding (Laguna, etc) as NFS has not yet changed the rules like State Parks did (Cuyamaca). I was seriously worried about having only a 500W battery but as it turns out, using eco mode almost exclusively, I'm close to 40 miles in range and that's with lots of climbing and I am not a light weight rider.

Dirtrider

Jan 18, 2020
San Diego
Welcome! Im in the San Diego area as well. Just bought a 2020 Turbo Levo Comp in December and I've already upgraded the brakes and suspension. Depending on your budget, the Levo Comp is ok out of the box but if you like riding stuff like Teds or ATT then you'd have to consider upgrading at one point. Just my .02 cents. That 700w battery tho!

What brakes & suspension did it come with and what did you upgrade to?
That's where I'm torn because I want to bike to be right for me from the start. The expert C is pretty close but I don't like the Sram brakes

Mike C

Jan 23, 2020
Ramona, CA
That's where I'm torn because I want to bike to be right for me from the start. The expert C is pretty close but I don't like the Sram brakes
Hey Chris, the 2019 Comp model came with Sram Guide RE brakes and a RockShox Revelation Charge RC fork with a RockShox RT shock. I haven't messed with anything except the grips and saddle at this point. Trying to get the best out of the suspension after having it for only 3 weeks.

mtbchris

Dec 2, 2019
San Diego, CA

The 2020 Comps come with the Lyrik Select and Delux Select +. I normally run a coil up front any way so I dropped in a ACS3 and that was enough to get the fork where I wanted it instead of diving and blowing thru the travel to support my fat ass! The ACS3 also bumped up the travel from 150mm to 160mm. I noticed that I had to keep adding air and playing with tokens when I had the air spring and it got annoying. The Delux Select+ in the rear is actually not bad though. My only issue was with the fork.

The brakes were SRAM Guide RE's and those faded quick through steep and fast sections. It only has lever reach adjustability too. I swapped to Hope Tech 3, E4's because that's what I have on my Nomad and it hasn't failed me yet. It also handles the weight of the bike no problem even though its way heavier than the Nomad.

The Expert C comes with Code R's though and I've heard nothing but good things with those brakes. Never tried them though

Dirtrider

Jan 18, 2020
San Diego
All good feedback for sure. I think it's a bit crazy to spend around $8500 to get a bike that I want when a lot of peoples cars aren't worth that much:D

Borist

Apr 13, 2018
SoCal
Would you consider online brand? YT is in San Clemente (for more serious service), not very close but not terribly far either. Decoy is very nice

Dirtrider

Jan 18, 2020
San Diego
Would you consider online brand? YT is in San Clemente (for more serious service), not very close but not terribly far either. Decoy is very nice
I called them a couple of days ago the they aren't in the states until 2021 is what I was told BUT today I ordered a Specialized Turbo Levo Expert which should be in my hands on Friday:cool:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles