New guy from Dundee here.

1981Miked

Jun 14, 2020
Dundee
Evening all,

New to the forum so just having a mooch around seeing what’s what. Not yet the owner of an ebike but looking to go down the Specialized Levo Comp SL route.

Reason for an ebike? Well why not, it’s all the fun stuff of cycling with a bit of help to get you there. Plus my knees have had it so can’t do much in the way of big days out now, hoping an ebike can assist me there and allow/motivate me to get out more.

Started my search a few weeks ago and have narrowed it down to the Trek rail 7, Specialized Levo Comp SLvor the Vitus E Escarpe VRS. I’m leaning more towards the Levo as I feel it will give me the best of both worlds in terms of assistance on the ups but not just blundeing the down.
Happy to be educated though, have contacted a couple of shops in the hope of getting a demo.. could be hard with all this COVID-19 nonsense going on just now but will see how it goes.
If anybody is in the Dundee area and wants to let me see their ebike then post up and we can sort something.

thanks, Mike.

iainc

Jul 21, 2019
Glasgow
Hi Mike, IainC from stw here ?. There is a really good Levo SL owners thread on here; it’s where I got most of the info that led to my purchase, happy reading !

1981Miked

Jun 14, 2020
Dundee
Hi Iain, yeah I was watching loads of Youtube videos yesterday so thought I’d just sign up. Nice to see a familiar name. ??

CBSTD

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2020
thoK0north
Evening all,

New to the forum so just having a mooch around seeing what’s what. Not yet the owner of an ebike but looking to go down the Specialized Levo Comp SL route.

Reason for an ebike? Well why not, it’s all the fun stuff of cycling with a bit of help to get you there. Plus my knees have had it so can’t do much in the way of big days out now, hoping an ebike can assist me there and allow/motivate me to get out more.

Started my search a few weeks ago and have narrowed it down to the Trek rail 7, Specialized Levo Comp SLvor the Vitus E Escarpe VRS. I’m leaning more towards the Levo as I feel it will give me the best of both worlds in terms of assistance on the ups but not just blundeing the down.
Happy to be educated though, have contacted a couple of shops in the hope of getting a demo.. could be hard with all this COVID-19 nonsense going on just now but will see how it goes.
If anybody is in the Dundee area and wants to let me see their ebike then post up and we can sort something.

thanks, Mike.
Hi Mike
Not that far from you in the Kingdom currently without a bike it's coming at the end of the month

CBSTD

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2020
thoK0north
There's a fair chance it will be, the first 35 were a kind of pre launch, I think the 01s will be Thoks 2021 bike, I'm like a kid waiting on Christmas

Cabby.

Apr 17, 2020
Scotland
Hey Mike, I'm in Downfield and like you, not got one yet but would be interested to know where you are going to get a demo cause unlikely Nickolson's will have a Levo Demo, Spokes don't have any Trek demos and no idea where you're likely to get a Vitus demo.

I know Escape in Pitlochry have a Giant demo and Coupar Angus Cycling Hub have a Cube demo but other than that I've no idea.

1981Miked

Jun 14, 2020
Dundee
Yeah I emailed Nicholson’s today and they can’t provide a demo so I am waiting to hear back from Leslie Bike shop, I think Leuchars bike shop have Trek demo bikes according to my mate. As for Vitus there is no chance and I think it’s out the running anyway as I want to buy local incase of any issues.

Stig

Jun 9, 2020
Forfar, Scotland
Yeah I emailed Nicholson’s today and they can’t provide a demo so I am waiting to hear back from Leslie Bike shop, I think Leuchars bike shop have Trek demo bikes according to my mate. As for Vitus there is no chance and I think it’s out the running anyway as I want to buy local incase of any issues.

Hi guys, for info Nicholson’s told me they have a demo too busy to lend it out during Covid. I had a demo of medium Levo comp from Leslie Bikes just last week. They had a couple new turbo Levos in stock too. Levo was excellent and would have gone for it if they’d had the right bike in stock until I sat on owners Merida E160 9000... the rest as they say is history ?? Should arrive later this week ?

Cabby.

Apr 17, 2020
Scotland
Personally have always thought that Spesh produced lovely bikes but always at not so lovely prices and wouldn't give Nicholson's the time of day, think they have the most arrogant staff I've ever encountered in any shop.

1981Miked

Jun 14, 2020
Dundee
Hmm that’s good to know Stig, I’ll call Leslie Bike shop today and see what they have kicking about.

1981Miked

Jun 14, 2020
Dundee
Ok so update... I went to Nicholsons yesterday to see a Levo SL, lovely looking bike in the rocket red (definitely more orange though). Spoke to John at Fife Cycles.. top guy and happy to fill in the gaps I had regarding a Trek Rail 7. Unfortunately he didn’t have any bikes in stock for me to try but he did put me onto a customer of his who has a Rail 9.8, he said he would happily let me see the bike etc. So I went to the guys work and there was the bike sat outside.
Got yapping to the guy and he offered me a shot, well who was I to turn it down, so off I went for my first ever shot of an ebike... and I was smitten instantly, I was finding hills to climb and just laughing all the way up because it was so easy. Did a few of s the steep hills around Broughty Ferry and even managed to fine some off road stuff to try.
I knew I was in trouble at this point because I just had to have a Rail. So after much searching online last night and speaking to various shops nation wide I have ordered a 2020 Trek Rail 7 on the yellow and teal colour. Should be with me next week and can’t wait. I wanted to buy local but unfortunately nobody could supply a bike until mid August so I went mail order. I will be using Fife Cycles for servicing etc though as John and Jamie (if memory serves me right) were really helpful.

Stig

Jun 9, 2020
Forfar, Scotland
Ok so update... I went to Nicholsons yesterday to see a Levo SL, lovely looking bike in the rocket red (definitely more orange though). Spoke to John at Fife Cycles.. top guy and happy to fill in the gaps I had regarding a Trek Rail 7. Unfortunately he didn’t have any bikes in stock for me to try but he did put me onto a customer of his who has a Rail 9.8, he said he would happily let me see the bike etc. So I went to the guys work and there was the bike sat outside.
Got yapping to the guy and he offered me a shot, well who was I to turn it down, so off I went for my first ever shot of an ebike... and I was smitten instantly, I was finding hills to climb and just laughing all the way up because it was so easy. Did a few of s the steep hills around Broughty Ferry and even managed to fine some off road stuff to try.
I knew I was in trouble at this point because I just had to have a Rail. So after much searching online last night and speaking to various shops nation wide I have ordered a 2020 Trek Rail 7 on the yellow and teal colour. Should be with me next week and can’t wait. I wanted to buy local but unfortunately nobody could supply a bike until mid August so I went mail order. I will be using Fife Cycles for servicing etc though as John and Jamie (if memory serves me right) were really helpful.
I suspect it was a ride on the same 9.8 that set me on this road to financial ruin too.. ???

Cabby.

Apr 17, 2020
Scotland
Hats off to Fife Cycles for the servicing, will be interesting to see if they also deal with warranty work if you may have such issues as that's the soul reason for me wanting to buy local.

1981Miked

Jun 14, 2020
Dundee
Ok so the bike arrived and I am over the moon with it. Just having a wee tinker with it and going through the manual etc.. I wouldn’t usually but seeing as it’s my first ebike, I figured I’d better. Quick question for fellow Trek owners, why do I have 2 charging cables? They look identical, is it just a spare?

1981Miked

Jun 14, 2020
Dundee
I’m 5ft 6 and got a medium mate. I studied the geometry charts and compared them to what I already have and I think I chose correctly. The small would have been too compact. The stand over is a bit more than I’d like but sat on the bike it’s perfect, just back from my first cycle on it... I’m in love! Your more than welcome to come round and try it for size. PM me if your interested

Cabby.

Apr 17, 2020
Scotland
I’m 5ft 6 and got a medium mate. I studied the geometry charts and compared them to what I already have and I think I chose correctly. The small would have been too compact. The stand over is a bit more than I’d like but sat on the bike it’s perfect, just back from my first cycle on it... I’m in love! Your more than welcome to come round and try it for size. PM me if your interested

I'll give you a shout once I'm back to work if you don't mind, would prefer to be back earning before I take the plunge in spending 4 -5 grand, cheers.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles