New from Ky

simplewon

Feb 4, 2022
I've started with an ANCHEER mtb bike 250 watt. Upgraded it's battery to a 30 amp continuous 20ah 36v.
Then moved the components to my 99 specialized stump jumper pro. Afterward a new controller from amazon and a 2nd 36v. Now series 72 @ 30 continuous output and just added a amp gauge revealing 30.4amps wot brake held tight lol. A surprise after reading the negative posts about cheap china battery packs. I've tried to run them down. No luck yet. Just ordered a couple of 48v 8ah 30amp continuous and am going to to try out 96. Also the Ancheer is back together and awaits these two 36 volts. I've welded the one way clutch in the anchor and glued the magnets back to stationary using a thin coat of black RTV. Spot welding the one way was a problem solving step I did trying to figure out about the magnets slipping. The 99 stump jumper is a cheap direct drive 1000 watt motor with a lot of 20mm processor heat sinks with heat sink grease under them tie wrapped to the hub motor. I do not ride the road. Trails only. 2 much fun and stealth look as can be. Now to attempt to get friends involved dragging them along with me putting them on the over voted ancheer lol. Lets melt some wires lol

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
So you’re a scientist with knowledge in electrical engineering and a passion for Emtb’ing?

I can change a tire!😎

simplewon

Feb 4, 2022
I am no engineer. I just make a lot of mistakes. So far the bike does very well. I am a bit hard on it. It gets pretty hot after 30 minutes of 96v but will cool while riding switching back to 48. The DPDT switch I am using is only rated for 25amps but I bought a 10 pack. Just expecting to have to swap it soon. My temp sensor is my finger. If it's cool enough to touch it's all good. Thanks for the welcome and the sarcasm. The world could use a lot less of one of those.

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
I have always thought that Ancheer was such an appropriate name for their bikes. You're doubling down just makes it even more so.

simplewon

Feb 4, 2022
That ancheer was my start. Picked it up cheap off marketplace with a bad battery. That prompted me to convert a full suspension bike which I am enjoying now.

Unicycle_DG

Sep 26, 2020
Kentucky
What part of Kentucky do you hail from simplewon? We've got a pretty good group of old farts that ride together in and around Louisville. If you live in the area, you are welcome to join us sometime.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles