New Flow app update

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
Anyone installed the new updated features from the app to their Kiox 300 yet?

Planning on doing my bike later, some interesting sounding additions.

Bike Lock: The Bike Lock function for the smart system turns your smartphone into a digital key for your eBike. After a one-off installation, short acoustic signals, lights, and symbols on the LED remote, Kiox 300 or smartphone indicate whether Bike Lock is active and thus motor support is
deactivated. To unlock, all you need to do is have your smartphone with you when you turn on the eBike.

Navigation: Bike navigation tailored to your
needs. Map styles specially adapted to the route profiles daily, leisure or eMTB, make it easier for you to find your way - with, for example, buildings in 3D view in the city. Detailed information such as
elevation and route characteristics, points of
interest such as bicycle retailers or charging
stations are part of the new navigation feature for your Bike Flow app.

Ride screen: See the most important Bike and
ride data on your handlebars: The ride screen
shows you, among other things, your current
speed, and the battery charge level. While riding, you can use the LED Remote to switch between the ride screen and navigation without taking yourhands off the handlebars.

New display option: Check out our newest product, SmartphoneGrip, and learn how it enables you to use your smartphone as an Bike display to use features such as navigation or the new ride screen.

Komoot and Strava: Record your ride and fitness data and sync it with your community on komoot and Strava. Once vou have linked both accounts in the Bike Flow app, you can automagically synchronise all your newly recorded activities to both platforms.

New languages: Our app has been translated into the languages Dutch, Spanish and Italian.
We have fixed some minor bugs and made
improvements - for example, optimized the home screen and made sure you'll never miss an update.

slavio

Mar 29, 2022
Poland
Installed last night. FW update of drive, control unit, Kiox and battery. Ebike lock works great. Just wondering though if it could be worked around by pairing a new phone app. Need to check it later on. If yes - it'd be just a gimmick not a real protection.

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
From what I’ve read it’d have to be logged into your account to use another phone. To be fair it’s only a lockout of the electric system, so you’re just leaving a heavy bike, but it’s an additional layer of security over and above physical locks.

Wudzi

Feb 14, 2022
Andover
Just Updated. Seems like a good step in the right direction but it really needs GPX import to be useful. The lick feature seems ok but if you run out of battery on your phone you're in trouble so I've disabled it.

the grip seems a good buy but I can't see it for sale yet.

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
Sounds like the smartphone grip has limitations, especially regarding terrain, speed and it’s safe grip on your phone.

Nothing over 25kph, paved roads and paths (including gravel), no drops greater than 6” or jumps. So if you accidentally forget to swap the phone out for the Kiox before going off road, it’ll be a bit risky.

Compared to the SKS Compit system I use when using my phone for navigation it doesn’t sound too secure.

gigasonix

Oct 31, 2021
UK
I've just installed the update on my Kiox 300 on my Cube 140 Action Team 2022. Unfortunately I don't see all the updates, I can't see any lock or GPS routing functionality. I can see the Kamoot, Strava and Ride screen functions. I'm using the iPhone Flow app v 1.4.11. Am I doing something wrong?

Wudzi

Feb 14, 2022
Andover
That's the same version that's working for me. The lock feature setting is within the "My ebike" section although it prompted me to do it after the update.

What do you mean by GPS routing? That Just looks the same as it was before to me apart from you should have an option when connected to your bike to see the speed/power graph. I did notice on mine that with the kiox300 plugged in, the buttons only change screens on the Kiox, not my phone. I'm assuming you have to unplug the Kiox to make that work.

gigasonix

Oct 31, 2021
UK
That's the same version that's working for me. The lock feature setting is within the "My ebike" section although it prompted me to do it after the update.

What do you mean by GPS routing? That Just looks the same as it was before to me apart from you should have an option when connected to your bike to see the speed/power graph. I did notice on mine that with the kiox300 plugged in, the buttons only change screens on the Kiox, not my phone. I'm assuming you have to unplug the Kiox to make that work.

It looks like the issue is with the IOS app as I've tried it on an Android phone that I have and all the new features are working properly. What I mean by GPS routing is that on the Flow app, click "Ride" to see the maps and it lets you input a destination and it provides directions to it. On my iPhone this feature is not available. I've logged a ticket with Bosch but I expect they will just say that a new release of the IOS app is waiting to be approved before its available in the Apple App store.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
It looks like the issue is with the IOS app as I've tried it on an Android phone that I have and all the new features are working properly. What I mean by GPS routing is that on the Flow app, click "Ride" to see the maps and it lets you input a destination and it provides directions to it. On my iPhone this feature is not available. I've logged a ticket with Bosch but I expect they will just say that a new release of the IOS app is waiting to be approved before its available in the Apple App store.
Delete the app and reinstall it if you haven’t already 👍

Wudzi

Feb 14, 2022
Andover
I’m on an iPhone 12 and it’s working ok here.

ah I see what you mean about the guidance. I thought it was like that pre-update but sounds like it wasn’t. That bit is also working for me.

Wudzi

Feb 14, 2022
Andover
One thing I noticed today is that changing assist modes seems to work better. Before, it would quite often jump 2 levels when I'd only wanted 1. I think they may have tweaked the debounce logic. Have you noticed any difference @Rob Rides EMTB as I have seen you've complained about it before.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
One thing I noticed today is that changing assist modes seems to work better. Before, it would quite often jump 2 levels when I'd only wanted 1. I think they may have tweaked the debounce logic. Have you noticed any difference @Rob Rides EMTB as I have seen you've complained about it before.
Interesting point. I’ve not noticed any accidental double assist changes, so you could be right.

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
Interesting note, it’ll be good if they have fixed it. All that’s required really is to add a 0.5 second or 1 second delay before any response to a 2nd press, so should be easy enough.

Wudzi

Feb 14, 2022
Andover
Anyone else seeing another Firmware update? Nothing in the release notes but the Flow app says one is available for the bike which I'm now updating.

slavio

Mar 29, 2022
Poland
I was hoping this update will address the error 542001 which I started to get (more on that here: Bosch Error 542001? - EMTB Forums) and was supposed to be addressed mid-year but after the update error still pops up...

UPDATE: looks this morning update is only for Kiox 300 updating to version 2.8.0
No release notes shared in the Flow app so no idea what it's trying to address.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles