Flow App: No longer able to view Ride screen without location/GPS enabled?

megabobra

Jul 24, 2022
Australia
Just noticed that I can no longer view the Ride Screen without turning on location services on my Android device. Anyone else noticed this? I've never been keen on sharing my location with Bosch, to/from home etc, but want the ride stats. So I'd just dismiss the request to turn on location services and happy days - speed, distance, cadence etc etc all recorded fine, and only missed out on elevation changes.

Until today, I was about to set off and went to enter the ride screen to find that when I declined location services the app now just stays on the blank world map and won't go to the black screen with ride stats/speedo.

I tried restarting the app and phone with no joy. I'm on app version 1.13.7 which shows a release date of 20June; I wonder if they snuck in a recent change?

Anyone else seeing this behaviour?

EDIT: just tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app - same result.

Last edited:

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
There's a ride screen in the flow app? Wow I never knew..

I only use the app for updating the bike, and navigation with kommot once in a blue moon. Use Strava for all rides so can't help sorry.

megabobra

Jul 24, 2022
Australia
Think I got this sorted out to allow Ride screen access without location. You need to grant location access to Flow app, I set mine to 'access only when app is running', BUT leave your actual location service disabled. Seems that the app only checks that it has access priviledges, not that location is actually turned on!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles