New EMTB around £2k

djdan00

Jan 2, 2022
South UK
Sorry I'm sure it gets asked a lot...an E mountain bike for around 2000 UK
Hai Hardseven 4 2022 vs Rockrider E-ST 900 maybe vs Giant..
The E-ST 900 looks like its the same bike that launched in 2019, looks like the components are still better in the E-ST 900? What about firmware updates that seem to be good to the Bosch motors...
Thanks

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Difficult one !! Depends a lot what you plan to do with it. If you're only plodding on fire roads then either bike will be fine, a lot will come down to availability. Longer term, if you kept it forever then the decathlon is probably the better bet, the spec is slightly better and if you end up with a duff motor out of warranty you can buy one through decathlon for about £400. Though with either motor out of warranty, you could also get it fixed by somewhere like performance line bearings. The Decathlon also has a larger battery. Both probably weigh about 24kg's - so neither are exotic lightweights ! :)

If you think heading out on the bike might lead you off into the wider world of mountain biking, as it does for many, then you could also consider just jumping straight in with a second hand Full suspension bike - for example :

Last edited:

djdan00

Jan 2, 2022
South UK
Thanks interesting to see that...
I don't see myself doing anything more than forest paths and the roads to get there so a hard tail would be fine.
Looks like both are in stock...I think I will go with the E-ST900 its over £200 cheaper (with some another £50 discount with vouchers) than the Hardseven.

Ian222

Oct 19, 2021
England
I have a haibike hardseven 5. Nice bike works really well but now I have got into mtb and have hit some trails I kinda want more. I prefer the look of intube batteries.

djdan00

Jan 2, 2022
South UK
The hardseven is a very good looking bike...I managed to get a deal on the hardseven 5 today! So I'm awaiting delivery.
Anyone gone tubless on the hardseven??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles